This individual will bring a strong analytical acumen coupled with market place knowledge, a high level of sales savvy and the ability to recruit, motivate, coach and mentor subordinates. In addition, the capability to establish and develop long term relationships with both internal and external customers will be a key to the success of the role. Driven personality, strong leadership, disciplined work habits, and attention to details will be the key to the role.
Responsibilities will include: (1) set strategic objectives in conjunction with the Senior Regional Director and the Senior Management team in Head Office, (2) lead, coach and manage a team of Country Managers to achieve set targets, (3) managing and optimizing the operational efficiencies within the region (4) building high-level and long-lasting hotel groups relationships to enhance contracting efforts in the assigned countries, (6) help define, implement and coordinate HR and administrative processes to ensure a smooth operation of the regional office.
- Recruit, develop, manage, retain, lead Senior staff to ensure adherence to all targets and KPIs.
- Ensure good and pro-active team work with subordinates, colleagues and superiors.
- Provide the team and the senior management with regular, constructive and relevant feedback.
- Support the Senior Regional Director across several key projects
- Prepare and present high quality weekly reviews
- Share and seek out best practices and knowledge
- Lead and facilitate training initiatives
- Close chain deals to bring on new partners
- Ensure price competitiveness of product
- Plan and execute regular and relevant partner visits with team members according to the goals, targets and objectives.
- Attend and participate to all relevant tradeshows, workshops and local events necessary to achieve goals and represent the company in line with company guidelines.
- Share relevant data and information with the partners to ensure a high level of communication and feedback to optimize performance.
- Verify, analyze and understand all available data and reports by giving continuously feedback on the quality of the data.
- Ensure that payment procedures and other finance operational goals are achieved.
- Obtain inventory and long term agreements with our supply partners.
- Coordinate with central management on planning and objectives.
- Establish individual goals and conduct direct reports performance reviews
- Travel within the European market
- Develop, and own relationships with key decision makers at hotels, hotel groups, associations and other relevant industry bodies.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required;
- MBA or equivalent a plus;
- 3-7 years business development experience required;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience managing a team, with a proven success record in setting KPIs and sales and marketing strategies;
- 5+ years progressive sales and marketing experience in consultative sales or sales management environment;
- E-commerce or travel industry experience a must;
- Strong Communication Skills with fluency in English;
- Prior experience working in Hospitality, Airlines or Tourism sector a must.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally);
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Ability to communicate value proposition to potential partners;
- Understanding of the principles of conversion, ROI and financial metrics associated with online advertising and online partnerships;
- Team leader and team player;
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic;
- Past success in mentoring and building sales organizations that cater to long term customer relationships;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Highly disciplined work habits;
- Energetic and driven personality;
- Adapts well to and is energized by change;
- Creative and Innovative.