Regional Facilities Manager, Property Operations
If you like disrupting the norm and are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. I mean, have you seen our vending machine?!
We are looking for people who are excited to thrive in an environment of impactful change. Team spirit is evident at Carvana and everyday we let our passions and creativity foster innovation. We take big swings, set ambitious goals, and challenge each other to make data- and process-driven decisions in everything we do. Here are a few of our stories! We’ve been changing the game since 2013, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now.
Want more of the story? Check out our background here.
About the team and position
An experienced and self motivated Regional Facilities Manager to support multiple Carvana facilities across asset classes. Carvana facilities range from 150,000 - 200,000 sq ft with up to 500 associates to 500 sq ft with 10 associates. The Regional Facilities Manager will have the unique opportunity to lead the proactive and preventative facility maintenance across multiple facilities in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. As the Regional Facilities Manager, you will be expected to leverage your knowledge and experience in facilities management and work cross-functionally to maximize equipment and facility resources while meeting safety and budget requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading a team of facilities management professionals and holding them accountable to meet the company’s commercial real estate growth goals
- Closely partnering with our Property Management team to ensure each facility has appropriate lease administration
- Managing the process for equipment and facility issues resolution in the region
- Maximizing operational efficiency across the operations by leveraging knowledge and experience in TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) to achieve proactive and preventative maintenance
- Applying root cause analysis to develop and implement innovative procedures and processes that will decrease safety risks and increase productivity while maintaining compliance with local, state and federal regulations
- Establishing and maintaining key metrics and standardized work for the maintenance of the facilities within the region- Including monitoring metrics and modifying maintenance as necessary
- Daily management of third-party vendor performance up to and including hosting quarterly business reviews
- Maintaining strong relationships and effectively partnering with stakeholders at Inspection Centers, Logistics Hubs, Delivery Hubs and HQs (ie. Real Estate, Facilities, Industrial Process Engineering, site leadership).
- Supporting site leadership in the implementation of short and long-term projects impacting the facilities
- Ensuring successful execution of facilities/maintenance practices by partnering with internal stakeholders and external parties and providing constructive and candid feedback to all involved stakeholders
- Assist the Senior Manager of Property Operations in creating, forecasting, and adherence of budget for each property
- Other duties as assigned
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a facility maintenance role in a manufacturing environment
- Experience leading teams
- High level of action orientation to resolve problems
- Knowledge of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once, across several locations
- Advanced troubleshooting, decision making and technical capabilities
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Suite
- Must have a valid in-state driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel when necessary (up to 35% of the time)
- Must be willing to work across multiple shifts
- This position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet
- Requires standing for extended periods of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment
- Requires frequent driving and some typing
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.