Who we are
Bitpanda is on a mission to reinvent the world of finance and bring investing closer to everyone, everywhere. Today’s financial ecosystem is complex, exclusive and expensive, and we’re here to change this as the #1 investment platform in Europe and beyond. Our platform is rooted in the belief that investing should be safe, easy and accessible to all. With Bitpanda, everyone has the freedom and flexibility to invest in what they believe in - commission-free stocks, cryptocurrencies or even precious metals - starting from as little as €1.
Our story started in 2014 with our founders, Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer. Since then, we’ve grown to a powerful and diverse team of 500+ people who represent more than 50 nationalities. Headquartered in Vienna, we’re proud to be Austria’s first unicorn and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. Our innovative technology serves over 3 million users and operates across multiple hub locations. Our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
We are currently expanding our team and hence, seeking new, experienced, hands-on team
members who can think independently and not afraid to share their thoughts to deliver
unique ideas and establish efficient processes in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
What you'll do:
- Provide support to your manager during global expansion projects and actively seek to establish effective and efficient processes.
- Provide support on month end close procedures and work closely with outsourced accountants/advisors.
- Establish and maintain detailed operating instructions on month end close procedures.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate well with teams cross functionally.
- Can provide constructive input regarding process optimization for accounting.
- Provide valuable support to your manager during financial statement audits of non-domestic entities.
- Comfortable with working independently and taking on new challenges with a positive attitude in an ever growing and fast paced work environment.
- Excellent communication skills. Not afraid to speak up and provide input.
- Highly motivated and proactive individual with a high level of initiative, organizational skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks / projects, and able to raise issues with your manager in a timely and effective manner.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum +5 years of relevant professional experience in Accounting.
- Certified accountant or higher education (e.g. Bachelor or Master degree).
- Solid accounting background and understanding of financial processes.
- Good knowledge of IFRS and any other local GAAP is considered a plus.
- Excellent English skills, German is considered as a plus.
- Strong organisational, communicational skills, problem-solving skills and the ability to manage and prioritise own workload.
- Experience with ERP systems (Dynamics NAV Navision, Oracle or Workday is a plus).
What’s in it for you
- Top-notch “tech pack” (a.k.a.: the latest and greatest hardware) that you need to help Bitpanda move the needle, right from day one. The best part? You can choose between PC or Mac. And yes, noise-cancelling headphones are included!
- Individual stock option plan
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events - both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- A brand new, optimised-for-Hybrid-working, HQ office located in Vienna’s fintech hub (in the second district) as well as local office location hotspots in Berlin, London, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan (to name just a few!)
- Bitpanda sustainable merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working.
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey to become Europe’s #1 investment platform.