Regional Repair Lead
At Spin, we give people the Freedom to Move. Spin Mobility is an essential service that provides shared electric scooters and/or bikes in your area, enabling our customers easy access to safe, reliable transportation.
We are hiring Repair Technicians to maintain our fleet of electric scooters and electric bicycles! This role is great for experienced mechanic professionals to work directly with the operations side of our business. Spin provides tools and training - as a Spin mechanic you will be encouraged to do your best work!
You will work with the latest Spin electric hardware, from routing repairs, diagnosing new issues, to rebuilds. We offer full benefits for all full-time employees.
THE ROLE AND YOUR IMPACT AT SPIN
You will be accountable for the health of Spin’s fleet across several markets in your sub-region. Leading teams of mechanics, you will ensure high performance and productivity, adherence with Spin standards, and execution of company directives. This role requires strong leadership and solid technical skills – the ability to drive outcomes with teams, and the willingness to roll your sleeves up to get things done. You’ll report to the sub-regional leader, with an indirect reporting line to Spin’s Repair Operations team.
- Own and lead maintenance and repairs in your sub-region, supporting the Market Operations teams by ensuring e-scooter and e-bike fleets across markets are healthy, serviced, and safe for riders to use.
- Manage a team of mechanics, driving productivity and meeting performance targets.
- Lead regular team standups to ensure progress against assigned tasks.
Participate in weekly meetings to report on progress against goals, identify blockers and surface opportunities.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and synthesizing data and information from dashboards to drive outcomes and identify tactics to maintain and/or improve market fleet health.
- Increase utilization of e-scooters by keeping our fleet in a good technical condition so that our riders have a large choice of vehicles to pick from at all time
- Analyze Incidents and fix technical and mechanical faults of e-scooters and/or e-bikes
- Work out solutions for recurring issues and document all your quick fixes and profund results
- Share findings with an international team of specialists, so that all cities benefit from your knowledge
- Improve the processes and e-scooter hardware by making suggestions for more stable components and better workflows
- Be part of a like-minded community of experts building the most powerful and efficient micromobility operations in the market
YOU’LL FIT GREAT WITH THESE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You thrive in a fast changing, demanding environment and really want to make a difference
- A passion for fixing technical devices, your family and friends probably consult you first when something doesn’t work anymore
- Comfortable with data and dashboards
- Good knowledge of electrical circuits and soldering
- You have an apprenticeship or similar training in a technical or mechanical area e.g. electronics technician, mechatronics engineer, electrician or auto mechanic
- You know how and when to utilize Duct Tape and WD-40
- Smart, fast and hands-on
- Excellent communication skills (Slack, zoom, written )
- 3+ years of experience with hands on mechanical experience
- 2+ years of experience managing people
- Comfortable with GSuite, Forms, Sheets, Docs
- Mechanically minded and ability to grasp the inner workings of a scooter, both physical and software/firmware
- Expert written and verbal communication skills
- Relationship building skills
- A solid team player
- Deadline-driven, organized and able to multitask
- Support Sub-regional KPIs
- Backlog Ceiling at 8% Fleet Size
- Repair App compliance
- Ticketing process (Ingress & Egress)
- Spare Parts utilization
- 5S and Repair Flow (5S scores)
- Quality Control
- Overseeing compliance with Inventory Counts and review of Automated Spare Parts
- Travel Ad-Hoc to support markets with higher backlogs, 5S and WH Flow
- Travel Ad-Hoc to train new mechanics on hands-on repair
- Travel to all new launches
- Oversee ML/MS performance and productivity
- Support documentation of systematic issues to bring up to Repair Ops
- Support new initiatives and processes developed by Repair Ops, including WH Flow, 5S, Spare Parts, QA/QS
- IoT Reasociations & FW Updates
- Mechanics combined channel monitoring and support
- QR Reprint for the Region
Benefits & Perks
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and help shape and establish the company’s industry leadership
- Competitive health benefits
- Unlimited PTO for salaried roles
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly cell phone bill stipend
- Wellness, Home Office & Internet perk for salaried roles
- A monthly Mental Health Day-Off for salaried roles
- WeWork Pass (eligible remote salaried FTE)
An essential function of this position is driving, therefore to be eligible a valid and current driver’s license is required. If an applicant is offered a position, proof of a valid and current driver’s license will be one of the conditions of employment.
Spin operates electric scooters in cities and campuses nationwide, bringing sustainable last-mile mobility solutions to diverse communities. Spin is expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
Spin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment in an unlawful matter. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Spin treats all employees and job applicants on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence without regard to any qualified individuals' sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, marital status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Spin also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable local, state, and federal law.
Spin is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in its job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].