About Merchants Metals
We’re one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of fence systems in North America. With 38 distribution center locations, 5 manufacturing facilities, and a 60-year legacy of providing quality fencing and accessories, Merchants Metals continues to be the contractor and architect choice for excellence. Our complete line of products includes perimeter security solutions for industrial, commercial and residential applications.
What We Offer
Be part of a Culture that values growth and development. We understand that to be a market leader we must be committed not only to our products, but also to our people. It’s our talent that helps make Merchants Metals the first name in fence solutions.
The Regional Operations Manager (ROM) is a “hands on” position that directs, manages, and audits the operations of multiple distribution / service centers in a pre-defined geographic area. This position is responsible for safety, transaction quality, inventory accuracy, facility maintenance, and yard productivity and will implement and validate standard operating procedures in each assigned facility. This position also assists Service Center Managers in gaining alignment and coordination with Functional Support Departments to drive over-all efficiency and profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain through training, inspection, corrective action, and tone at the top, a safe work environment.
- Understand and adopt 80/20 as the underlying philosophy of the business.
- Direct and manage facility operations by updating, implementing, and validating (auditing) company approved Standard Operating Procedures
- Measure performance using metrics against pre-defined goals in areas such as safety, transaction accuracy, inventory accuracy, pricing compliance, equipment inspection and PM, etc.
- Works with Service Center Managers to insure alignment and coordination with functional support departments to insure sales growth, continuity of the supply chain, and financial accounting integrity.
- Coordinate facility activities and functions to insure defined customer service and transaction accuracy metrics are achieved. Must be measured daily.
- Over-sees the development of growth plans and the annual budget.
- Insures that accurate and current data files are maintained for SKU’s including pricing, stocking levels and re-order logic.
- Perform or over-see all administrative duties including but not limited to facility and equipment maintenance and repair, OSHA requirements, safety training, control of fuel and P-card purchases, etc.
- Oversee the management of equipment and capital asset maintenance.
- Control and minimize labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses but never at the expense of safety.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Travel is between 35-75% depending on geographic make-up of the territory.
NECESSARY SKILLS, BACKGROUND & COMPETENCIES:
- Operations, operations management
- P&L Management Proficient in Excel and related computer skills
- Industry experience.
- Experience working in a matrix organization and multi-location management
- Belief in the importance of safety, process driven, and attention to detail
- Leadership, team building, and strong operational bias
- Communication proficiency, data analysis/problem solving, and business acumen
- Bachelor's degree in related field or five years in distribution management
Merchants Metals offers an exceptional benefits program that includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for Employees, Spouses, Dependents &/or entire Family
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Convenient 24/7 Doctor Visits through LiveHealth Online
- Legal Assistance via Legal Shield
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identify Theft Protection
- Access Perks – Discounts on products and services with companies nationwide.
- 401k Retirement Program with strong company match.