At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. And that's where you come in:
Instructure is looking for an experienced Regional Vice President to join our growing K-12 sales team. This regional director will be covering our East region, which can be located on the East Coast or in our Salt Lake City office.
What you will be doing:
- Be a strong player coach with your sales team by leading from the front
- Work with regional sales reps in selling Canvas LMS and other SaaS services and solutions to new clients throughout the territory
- Work directly with prospects and clients in properly evaluating different learning and assessment solutions.
- Assist sales reps in preparing and tailoring messaging for prospective clients
- Collaborate with other teams in order to help sales reps negotiate deals and work through the procurement process
- Accurately forecast your quarterly and annual performance
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop sales strategies and sales plays to increase opportunity pipeline in your territory
- Work with and build relationships with executive levels in state and district level buyers and clients. Be the executive sponsor on major states and accounts
- Consistently meet/exceed sales quotas within specified time frame
- Effectively manage team pipelines to ensure revenue goals are met
- Maintain a positive team culture while motivating team to achieve goals
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Sales/Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 + years of proven leadership experience.
- Understanding educational pedagogy and the process involving selling a learning management system is a plus.
- Experience selling enterprise level software, SaaS sales and services.
- Experience selling at all levels, including “C” level and above.
- Excellent strategic/consultative sales skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Cross-functional teaming skills.
- Ability to deal with change.
- Be organized and have good time management.
- Ability to do detailed needs analysis and proposal/RFP development.
- Ability to attract strong sales talent.
- Ability to have performance related conversations and straight talk.
- 25-50% travel after travel restrictions are lifted.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure:
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Fitness club memberships
- iMac or Macbooks
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.