WHAT IS CARBON ALL ABOUT?
At Carbon Health, we believe in the power of health, of medicine, and of technology. We aim to create a supportive environment where you can develop your career and continuously refine your craft. To support this goal, we’ve built a diverse and passionate team of employees who are all driven to learn from one another and reach Carbon Health’s mission of bringing high-quality healthcare to everyone.
THE JOB AT A GLANCE
We are in the midst of the biggest public health crisis of our lives where every aspect of the way we live is affected. Carbon Health has been at the forefront of the Covid-19 response in California, including the launch of a public testing partnership with local and state Departments of Public health and Color Genomics in order to bring free testing directly to communities, effectively minimising barriers that often prevent folks from accessing healthcare. We are searching for an experienced Registered Nurse who is comfortable working in a fast paced, paperless environment. Tasks include explaining the procedure, conducting nasal swab Covid-19 testing, and other tasks within the nursing / paramedic scope of practice.
Join our amazing, caring team that supports many communities that have limited access to healthcare. You can make a difference!
Locations: San Diego Airport
Fixed Term through 11/15/21
Status: 20 hours | Part-Time
What You'll Do
- Collect data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health or the situation
- Performs nasopharyngeal, anterior nasal, and oropharyngeal swab specimen collections
- Delegate elements of care to appropriate healthcare workers in accordance with any applicable legal or policy parameters or principles
- Collaborate with healthcare consumer and other key partners in the conduct of nursing and paramedic practice
- Ensure sanitary environment by overseeing implementation of infection control best practices
- Contribute to quality nursing and paramedic practice
- Evaluate one's own and others nursing and paramedic practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules and regulations
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan, provide, and sustain evidence-based nursing services that are safe, effective, and fiscally responsible
- Practice in an ethical, environmentally safe, and healthy manner
- Set up and break down testing sites
- Current California State RN in good standing; Current Basic Life Support certification; Current CPR certification
- RN : Graduate from an accredited school; BS degree in Nursing preferred
- 6+ months clinical experience as a RN performing relatable medical care
- Prior experience with swabbing preferred
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed; flexibility with availability
- Comfortable working outdoors and under minimal supervision
- Additional language skills are helpful
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
- Collaborative environment within and across our clinic sites, virtual care teams, and at HQ in San Francisco
- 401K with matching contribution and Pre-Tax benefits including Commuter (transit and parking)
- Competitive compensation with medical, dental, vision, 401K (with match)
- Flexible Spending Account Dependent Care and other great benefits for full-time and part-time employees who work 20+ hours a week
A BRIEF HISTORY
Carbon Health is the leading national healthcare provider with a mission to bring high-quality healthcare to everyone. Leveraging its unique technology platform, Carbon Health provides its patients with omnichannel care: seamless care from the same trusted providers at a wide variety of access points, including urgent care, primary care, virtual care, pop-up sites, the Carbon Health app, and on-site at their employers. Carbon Health also provides value-based care to enterprise partners across a broad range of industries, including academia, sports, entertainment, biotechnology, and travel. Apply today, join our team and make an impact!
We here at Carbon Health recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal employment opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.