DraftKings is a technology company that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions on the planet. Focused on the rapidly growing Daily Fantasy Sports (DFS) space, DraftKings offers players the opportunity to compete through web and mobile channels in 1-day or 1-week fantasy sports contests for cash prizes and money-can’t-buy experiences. Founded in 2012, we are headquartered in Boston, with additional offices in New York City, London, and Toronto. This is a unique opportunity to work at a company experiencing explosive growth while inventing an industry. We bring the most incredible experiences and the industry's biggest contests to our players. We are looking for exceptional talent to play for our team! Apply today and be a part of our success story.
DraftKing’s Compliance Department is seeking a talented individual for the position as a Senior Compliance Manager to support the company’s compliance activities. Based in Boston, MA, the candidate will contribute to a strong and innovative compliance and risk management culture.
This individual will lead and oversee DraftKing’s compliance program and will develop, implement and maintain policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure that the Board of Directors, management and employees understand and adhere to regulatory and other risk management requirements. This role also provides support and expertise to advise and guide the company, business lines and operational areas in the evaluation and development of effective compliance internal controls, monitoring-testing, issues management, program governance, and process improvements.
The successful candidate must have outstanding communication skills, an ability to anticipate and deliver on the needs of a fast-paced and innovative business, and the flexibility to simultaneously manage a wide range of projects.
- Provides guidance to senior officers and managers on all ethics, business conduct and compliance matters
- Establish, maintain and leverage relationships with other functional areas such as Controllers, the Legal Department and Human Resources and business teams to direct activities to promote an effective and synchronized approach to risk management
- Advise on compliance with laws and regulations applicable to Fantasy Sports, day-to-day corporate activities, including consulting on the design and implementation of key strategic initiatives and business changes to provide tactical regulatory/compliance advice on regulatory requirements both individually and through compliance team
- Ensure that remediation efforts are sufficient and timely; Review action plans and remediation documentation to support event closure; Participate in root cause analysis and the identification of customer experience improvement activities
- Prepare for and coordinate third-party examinations, including ensuring that information requests from third-party partners and regulators are completed timely and accurately
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key business and staff group partners to promote an effective and synchronized approach to risk management
- Work to simplify the legal, regulatory, and risk management requirements that business teams must satisfy and develop strategies to support the efficient implementation of those requirements – ability to use data to support testing efforts and risk assessment; must be proficient in data analytics
- Oversee and implement testing program to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance controls and develop periodic reporting on the test results
- Establish, implement and supervise compliance policies and procedures throughout the organization to ensure that the compliance program is effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting and correcting non-compliance with regulatory requirements
- Conduct enterprise-wide risk assessments and monitor compliance risk metrics
- Oversee the development and assignment of compliance training programs
- Participate in business management, risk, new product and project meetings and provides compliance risk advice as well as ongoing information about new and changing regulatory developments