Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
The Regulatory Response team will work closely with our regional and global legal, public policy, and public relations teams to intake and action contact from government and consumer regulatory bodies, uphold and support work of legitimization agreements, and additional ad-hoc work that protects the brand’s compliance and legal standing with our external stakeholders. The team takes point on enforcement of Airbnb’s Non-Discrimination Policy and our Data privacy work, along with managing issues regarding Ownership/Landlord disputes, and general issues related to the legality of home sharing in different markets.
- Manage complex, sensitive, and/or urgent cases that might pose a significant risk to our brand or ability to operate in different countries, cities, and municipalities.
- Meet performance expectations regularly and own time management efficiently to deal with different type of work assignments (tickets, queues, initiatives, reports, correspondence, stakeholders managements, etc),
- Mastering and maintaining knowledge of company policies and procedures inside and out, being an expert in compliance, policy, legal, local regulations, consumer bodies, and brand risk topics.
- Providing upward feedback, regarding the status of regulatory cases, communicating regularly with supervisors and managers.
- Compile incident reports at the direction of leadership and maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations.
- Working closely with stakeholders to align on case strategy.
- Welcoming ambiguity: You can effectively articulate the need for change and encourage optimism in those around you. You're able to perform at a high level, even during times of uncertainty. You trust your instincts and your ability to learn from past experiences, and you can confidently move forward even when you don't have all of the details.
- Writing: Your written communication is both clear and efficient. You tailor your style and tone to your audience and setting to ensure that your messages will be heard and understood. You know when written messages are appropriate and when to choose other forms of communication
- Prioritizing Our Community: You're devoted to being a good host to the Airbnb community—both internal and external. You make yourself available. You're dedicated to meeting the community's needs, so you listen closely to feedback and use it to propose improvements to our products and services. You encourage and empower your peers to always put the community first.
- Valuing Diversity: You appreciate and leverage the capabilities, insights, and ideas of all people. You work effectively with people of diverse styles, abilities, and motivations. You champion equal and fair treatment and opportunities for everyone, and encourage others to do the same.
- Balancing Perspectives: You look at the "big picture," not just the situation directly in front of you. You're open to being wrong, can assess situations objectively, and can evaluate multiple points of view. You're able to see how every part of the business is affected by a situation, and you devise plans and strategies accordingly. You think globally, and take the broadest possible view of issues and challenges. You assume positive intent. You effectively consider all of the factors at play and envision many possible outcomes.
- Solving Problem: You quickly identify root causes as well as subtle, hidden issues. You use logic to propose effective solutions to a variety of problems. You dig deeper and utilize all available resources to reach the best possible solution. You utilize creativity to propose original solutions, and don't stop at the first, most obvious answers. You understand when a loss is the best solution, and can explain why.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 years' experience working in a legal, policy or regulatory fields preferred.
- Availability to work 40 hours a week (schedule may include one weekend day).
- Strong analytical skills, able to compile reports and analyse data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in client-facing roles; comfortable making/taking customer calls.
- Interest in legal/policy/consumer bodies issues and how they apply to Airbnb.
- Excellent time management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.