ByHeart is an infant nutrition company built from the ground up to deliver real innovation on behalf of babies and parents. Our mission is simple: make the best formula in the world. That’s why we studied the latest breast milk science, worked directly with suppliers we know and trust, set uncompromising quality standards, developed our own small batch blending process, built our own manufacturing facilities, and conducted a groundbreaking clinical trial. Our goal is to create a future where all parents feel amazing about feeding their baby—no matter how they do it.
When we launched our Whole Nutrition Infant Formula in March 2022, we were the first new U.S infant formula manufacturer in 15 years. Since then, we’ve been leading the way in a lot of ways.
- The only U.S.-made infant formula to use organic, grass-fed whole milk
- The first and only U.S. infant formula company to add the two most abundant proteins found in breast milk—alpha-lac and lactoferrin—to our ingredients list
- The first infant formula company to receive Clean Label Project’s Purity Award (and we test for 700 contaminants vs the required 400)
- We ran the largest clinical trial by a new infant formula brand in 25 years—clinically proving our benefits vs a leading infant formula like:
- Less spit up
- Softer poops
- Easier digestion
- More efficient weight gain
- Enhanced nutrient absorption
- Longer stretches between nighttime feeds*
With >$250M in funding, we’re shifting the industry forward—and this is just the beginning. Help us build a future where all parents can feel amazing about feeding, by joining our growing team of >275 people that stretches across the country.
We're proud to offer competitive, family-first benefits, including but not limited to:
Health insurance for the whole family: medical, dental, & vision insurance covered 100%, with 90% coverage for your family.
Flexible paid time off: plus 12+ company holidays, and 2 floating holidays to use at your discretion!
16-weeks of fully-paid parental leave and new parent support: free 1-year supply of formula, cozy feeding suites, and paid pumping time.
- Up to 6% 401(k) Match to help you plan for your future.
Company equity for every employee: because when we succeed, we succeed together!
Visit our site to learn more, and check out some recent press on ByHeart:
*based on data from infants at approximately 4 months of age
The Releasing Services Manager leads the Releasing function of Quality Department and is responsible for managing Master Batch Records Review, Product Release, Ingredient Release, and coordination with third party laboratories and contract partners. This role is a hands-on, highly interactive role in a fast-paced, ever-changing production environment. The individual must seek to drive continuous improvement of all aspects of the food safety and quality system. Provides leadership within the facility to drive positive change through influence and example. Maintains a strong and understanding and relationship with Operation.
Reports To: Director of Quality
Location: BlendHouse Manufacturing Facility in Portland, OR
Start Date: ASAP
- Ensure consistent and timely release of product and ingredients per BlendHouse internal, customer, or regulatory requirements. Manage the release and disposition status in Deacom the ERP system.
- Review Master Batch Records for completeness including but not limited to Critical Control Points (CCP) records, production records, warehouse records, sanitation records, etc.
- Manage Sample shipment, submission, and turnaround time to ensure on-time report of testing results.
- Open any Event Reports for findings, discrepancies, or Out of Specification results discovered during batch review process. Work closely with Quality Assurance and Compliance teams for investigation. Ensure timely closure of Event Reports for releasing.
- Issue Certificate of Compliance or Certificate of Analysis for customers as designated by customer guidelines or internal requirements.
- Make improvements on the release process and provide necessary training regarding record keeping and procedure implementation.
- Manage Batch Records filing for the site, all related Contract manufacturing / packaging locations, ingredients, and customer related products.
- Coordinate with contract partners and review paperwork.
- Participate/support investigations relating to non-conforming events (including product complaints) driving to root cause(s) and effective resolution (corrective actions).
- Actively support and participate in the internal audit program. and participate/support as requested in regulatory inspections (e.g. FDA and / or third-party audits / certifications (e.g. SQF, Kosher, Organic).
- Assist in completing documentation including but not limited to: Event Reporting, Corrective Actions, Change controls, Hold Reports, SOP’s, and forms that meet Internal and Infant Formula Requirements.
- Provide written report such as trending and aid in Event Reporting as required.
- Follow all laboratory and plant GMP and safety procedures according to company guidelines.
- Perform all duties as assigned.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of BlendHouse and ByHeart.
Skills & Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty independently and satisfactorily. Performance will be evaluated on an annual basis. It is essential that responsibilities are performed correctly and accurately. Duties must be executed in a timely manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree required in Food Science, Biological Sciences, or related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in food processing or pharmaceutical environment (Dairy, spray drying, or Infant Formula preferred). 1-3 years of supervisory experience.
- Working knowledge of HACCP, Preventive Controls and SQF principles
- HACCP and PCQI certifications are a plus
- Familiarity with Laboratory testing and reporting preferred
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Must be able to work independently – to organize tasks and manage the workload
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in standardized situations
- Must be able to do mathematical calculations
- Must be able to elicit and or delegate help as needed
- Effectively communicates critical information regarding job responsibilities
- After completion of training, must be able to perform all relevant procedures accurately, precisely, and efficiently
- Must be able to work on their feet for extended periods of time
- Hours as needed by the company
- Handwriting must be clearly legible.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds routinely and navigate stairs safely
- Use of computer systems including but not limited to ERP System (Deacom), Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Doc Control System (QT9)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.