Vroom is an innovative end-to-end ecommerce company that is revolutionizing the car buying experience. Our scalable, data-driven technology brings all phases of the vehicle buying and selling process to consumers wherever they are and offers an extensive selection of vehicles, transparent pricing, competitive financing, and contact-free, at-home pick-up and delivery. We have experienced tremendous growth and have become a disruptive force in the automotive industry. Vroom is an exciting, dynamic workplace, and there's no better time to join the team than right now.
Vroom is seeking a Manager for our automotive reconditioning vendor hub facility to coordinate all vehicle reconditioning and shipping activities. Responsibilities include improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. You will work directly with our reconditioning vendors. This role will be in our Golden Gate, CA Reconditioning Facility.
- Responsible for directing and managing overall flow of vehicles through receiving, reconditioning, and shipping process to Vroom’s reconditioning standards
- Responsible for meeting key metrics such as; quality, cost and other KPIs as determined by the leadership team
- Provide decisive direction for the Recon Team after taking into account all relevant information
- Maintain reconditioning processes, operational controls and managing KPIs in conjunction with other recon sites to share best practices
- Communicate with sales, fulfillment, buyers, quality, and the leadership team when necessary
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Coordinate with on-site vendors
- Contribute towards the achievement and development of Vroom’s strategic and operational objectives
- Maintain a high level of ethical standards and professional appearance
- Follow all safety policies, operations and practices identified by Vroom
- Strong communicator in both verbal and written forms; equally adept in communicating upwards, across, and downwards
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and Excel
- Analytical thinking, detail oriented, and exceptional organizational skills
- 5+ years in an automotive related field preferred
- Previous Reconditioning experience preferred
- 5+ years in a management role
- 21+ years of age, able to drive various vehicles including automatic and manual transmissions
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
This full-time role offers competitive compensation; health, dental, and vision insurance; a 401k plan; fully company-paid short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance; access to a healthcare concierge service with virtual visits; and 15 annualized days of paid vacation.
But our biggest benefit is being part of a low-ego, high performing team that's transforming the used car market into a modern, online and data-driven industry. We are looking for people who want to be a part of a contemporary startup culture. What gets us out of bed is working with talented people on a mission that matter
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
Vroom is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a work environment where all employees can find their drive. To do that, we champion a workplace where each and every person is treated with dignity and respect and is valued for their unique perspective and contributions. Our values of SPEED: Service, Progress, Employees, Engagement, and Development are only possible in an environment where every individual has the ability to bring their whole selves to work and contribute fully.
Vroom’s policy is to maintain a working environment that encourages mutual respect, promotes harmonious and congenial relationships between employees, and is free from all forms of discrimination and harassment of any employee (or applicant for employment or service provider) by anyone, including supervisors, co-workers, vendors, or clients. Harassment and discrimination in any manner or form is expressly prohibited. There is no tolerance for discrimination or unequal treatment of any kind on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual and reproductive health decisions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or civil partnership/union status, familial status, military or veteran status, predisposition or carrier status, domestic violence victim status, alienage or citizenship status, unemployment status, sexual violence or stalking victim status, caregiver status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This practice applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, rehire, termination of employment, development and training, compensation, benefits and retirement.