ConsumerAffairs is a marketplace for life’s hardest purchases. We help consumers make smart buys in moments of need.
Every month millions of consumers turn to ConsumerAffairs for help with considered (often emotional), need-based purchases and we connect them directly to curated brands. Brands use our SaaS tools to manage their reviews, their presence on ConsumerAffairs, communicate with consumers and generate revenue.
We are a diverse team located remotely across the U.S. and internationally. We are fast-paced and “GRIND” our core values: Generate Ownership, Resolve Through Data, Invent with Grit, Network to Win and Deliver Impact Daily.
This position ensures efficient operation of all ConsumerAffairs IT infrastructure components and application functionality by optimizing and identifying performance bottlenecks. Work with engineering and data analytics teams to ensure availability and reliability of all components associated with our web services.
- Provide day-to-day support and performance monitoring of IT infrastructure and systems
- Responsible for troubleshooting critical production/QA issues across platforms and applications
- Build and maintain tools, services, and automations associated with deployment and operations platform
- Ensure stable IT infrastructure through monitoring and proactive maintenance
- Scale existing technologies (or promote new ones) to support product initiatives
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments
- Participate in out of office on-call rotation
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources in an effective and timely manner and demonstrate respect for others.
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required)
- 5+ years of professional experience in Linux administration, managing AWS resources, developing CI/CD and server orchestration pipelines, bash scripting and monitoring.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- You are an expert in:
- Cloud-based production systems at scale
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, VPC, EFS, S3, Redshift etc.)
- Production experience running workloads in containerized environments, specifically Docker and AWS ECS
- Infrastructure as Code tools, like Terraform and Ansible
- You have experience with:
- Monitoring tools, like Datadog, Prometheus or Zabbix
- Bash scripting for server side automation
- Continuous integration tools, like Jenkins or Concourse
- SQL and database technologies, like MySQL and Postgres
- Experience maintaining logging, monitoring, and alerting capabilities using tools like Kibana or Datadog.
- The ideal candidate would also have:
- A working knowledge of modern software practices and technologies such as Agile methodologies
- Experience with AWS Well-Architected principles
- Experience with High Availability implementations like VRRP, Service Discovery, etc.
- Understanding of basic networking concepts such as static routing, DNS, DHCP
- Experience around Security and Compliance
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intellectual curiosity, a willingness to learn new skills and the ability to contribute new ideas
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet aggressive deadlines
- Stands up for decisions, takes responsibility for results, and shares both good and bad outcomes transparently.
- Demonstrates a relentless focus on results with a commitment to deliver; Always starts with a "Let's go GRIND it out" attitude.
- Takes decisive action, and confidently changes course if unsuccessful
- Displays a growth mindset to continually improve; encourages everyone around them to to be tenacious and never settle.
- Constantly seeks feedback to improve; Focussed on solving issues,
- Acts with urgency; delivers top results in hours and days instead of weeks and months.
- Relentless in their pursuit of success and possesses the willpower to embrace challenges as opportunities.
(our daily GRIND)
- Responsibility creates the freedom to quickly deliver value, we make no excuses, and consistently improve results.
RESOLVE THROUGH DATA
- We make data-driven decisions, think systematically about ROI and resolve complexity to drive results
INVENT WITH GRIT
- We are intellectually curious, create, take smart risks and grind out results because Fortune Favors the Bold.
NETWORK TO WIN
- We foster diversity, build trust through collaboration, close the loop, get to the bottom-line and turn debate into action and results.
DELIVER IMPACT DAILY
- We grind it out deliver important work, are efficient, have a relentless sense of urgency and drive results
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Location: Remote
- Frequency of travel: Occasional travel may be required for meetings, training and/or conferences.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.)
ConsumerAffairs does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other reason prohibited by law.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan