As an Engineering Manager, you'll get the chance to work with various people from a completely international environment and having the liberty to implement your ideas and processes in your very own pack with us. You'll work with similar peers to deliver various features but also solidify the current platform, updating it to modern trends.
What you will be doing :
Your work with us is to lead and shape an effective multi-functional team of 6-10 people of which 3-6 engineers are under your direct management. As such you'll be responsible for:
- Contribute to scaling our platform to the next level of modularity & shareability while working on architecture, tools, standards, and practices for the engineering European organization
- Hiring, onboarding, mentoring, coaching, feedback, and career development of the engineering team.
- Putting in place and continuously improving quality practices (code quality, testing, release management).
- Supporting the team with as much or little process as they require, e.g. implementing Scrum or other methodology effectively.
- Working together with the team’s product manager to align technology solutions with the product vision.
Who we’re looking for:
- Full Remote Position. You'll need to be able to work in a full remote-remote setup and currently residing in Portugal.
- Previous Experience in Software engineering or in a similar field in Computer Science.
- Track Record of proven people management experience focused on developing and growing people. Not just on putting people on the path, but dealing with all sorts of situations.
- Previous experience in building teams and create the structure for team success and motivation.
- Passion and experience architecting, building and scaling services, cloud-based systems serving millions of users. Experience in high-scale migrations is highly welcome for this role.
What we’ll give you:
- Unique opportunity to become a part of an international team of top engineers learning from one another and contributing to the global OLX Group success, based in Lisbon. One of the sunniest areas in Lisbon with a strong emphasis on life quality.
- Working with and impacting all Classifieds websites in Europe collaborating with European and other International Hubs.
- A phenomenal place to learn and develop within fast-growing, global classifieds leader which opens further career opportunities in a diverse world of OLX and Prosus
- Work in a multicultural and international environment. We currently have in Portugal alone over 15 nationalities!
- Great Perks as a baseline, including, relocation package for international candidates, opportunity to go for courses and conferences,
What you'll need to know about us:
- Standvirtual is part of OLX Group, a global product and tech company with +20 brands, +5000 people, and one attitude.
- Our mission is to help people upgrade their lives. We make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything, boosting local economies.
- Every month 350 million people use our trading platforms. We’re going for a billion. We estimate that 17 million things are exchanged on our apps and platforms every single month.
- We are curious, ambitious, and allergic to corporate interference! We improvise, experiment, and push each other further, accepting uncertainty and motivating change.
We are part of Prosus, a global internet group, and one of the largest technology investors in the world! Around a fifth of the world’s population improve their daily lives using the products and services of companies that Naspers operates and invests in.
If you are as excited as us about this position and our company, we hope to encourage you to join us. Want to learn more about us? Take a look at the other parts of our website. And remember, we are an equal opportunities employer committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Follow us on Linkedin. Check our OLX Group Engineering Blog and Twitter Tech.