CareMessage is the largest patient engagement platform for underserved populations in the United States. We want to help create a world where all people regardless of income or background achieve equitable health outcomes. We power the care for more than 7 million underserved patients at over 300 safety net organizations nationwide who receive timely healthcare information, preventive care reminders, appointment reminders, local resources, and health coaching through interactive voice and text messaging. Founded in 2012 at Stanford University, CareMessage has raised over $25 million from Google.org
, William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation, Pershing Square Foundation, Y Combinator, Schmidt Futures, and others.
2021 Team Impact
Since the start of COVID-19, our team has faced a number of new challenges due to 10x growth in messaging as well as changing customer needs to help support COVID testing, COVID vaccinations, and fulfilling immediate needs for patients tied to food insecurity, housing, etc. As a part of the 2021 CareMessage team, you can play a key role in helping tackle COVID at a national scale for our most vulnerable patient populations.
Who we are looking for...
We are looking to hire our first Product Marketing Manager (PMM) who will be responsible for conveying the value of our product to our customers. We need a teammate who has successfully launched products and has a toolbox full of creative ideas and strategies to improve our product marketing efforts. You'll report to the Director of Product and work collaboratively within the Product team and across teams (e.g. Sales, Customer Success) to ensure that we deliver a consistent and strong message about the impact of our product. As the PMM of a product-led company, you will own pre- and post-signup activities, including planning product launches, leading in-app communication as well as increasing feature engagement and user retention.
Who You Are
You are a captivating storyteller, self-starter, creative experimenter, and a superb communicator. You take a collaborative approach to your work and assume good intentions of others. You have a history of successfully planning and evaluating product adoption and are driven to understand ‘why' in order to effectively communicate improvements. You are comfortable interfacing directly with customers and technical team members. Above all, you are empathetic and listen to others, work to understand their needs and effectively communicate your own needs in an effort to move the team forward in a sustainable way.
Within 1 month, you'll...
- Learn the product inside and out
- Build a basic understanding of our users' needs
- Understand the market landscape, key players, and how CareMessage differentiates
- Understand the user journey and end-to-end customer lifecycle from the time customers get to our website to when they use our product
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Gain an in-depth understanding of our internal teams, customers, product, integrations and competitors
- Define and execute our product marketing strategy for our Product Qualified Leads and existing customers
- Identify and track key KPIs that elucidate the value generated to our customers
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop creative product launches, internal product documentation, in-app communication campaigns, and customer-facing enablement docs
- Use data to develop hypotheses to increase feature engagement and adoption
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Be the spokesperson for our team internally and externally to ensure we deliver consistent product messaging
- Own our end-to-end product marketing and adoption strategy and continuously experiment to drive greater adoption
- Define and execute our product marketing strategy for our Sales Qualified Leads (SQL)
- Support cross-functional internal teams by using communication strategies that create a cohesive experience in the customer lifecycle from SQL to retention
- Design an efficient process that captures best practices and impact stories from customers and enables our team to share those out readily
- Conduct regular analysis of our competitor landscape, track industry changes, and share insights on new market growth opportunities
- Set, track and report on key KPIs related to feature engagement, user retention, user activation and product adoption
- Create, lead and iterate on our product marketing strategy including product launches, webinars and email campaigns
- Own product marketing content - product and feature pages, help docs, sales/cs enablement docs, website, intercom campaigns etc...
- Evaluate marketing strategies and document best practices
- Liaison with the growth team to help ensure our MQL messaging is consistent and our partnerships are successful
- Collaborate effectively across teams to deliver a consistent product messaging
- Regularly meet with customers to maintain an expert-level understanding of our user needs
- Help our team evaluate our product roadmap priorities and triage customer feedback
- 2+ years experience in marketing
- Track record of successfully leading product launches and go-to-market strategies
- Experience working in a SaaS B2B company
Flexible work hours as a fully remote team
Generous medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their families
Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
401k retirement plan
Paid parental leave
13 wellness days to be used for anything that comes up in life or self-care
Paid time off & 1-month paid sabbatical after 4-year anniversary
15 paid company holidays, including a winter break
Employee Assistance Program
Budget for professional and personal development (webinars, online courses, books, and more)
We are committed to equal opportunity and actively encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, etc.