The role can be based anywhere in Poland.
OLX Group, a part of Naspers/Prosus group, is one of the fastest-growing networks of trading platforms that is serving over 300 million users monthly, across 20 brands and operating in 30+ countries around the world.
We help people buy and sell cars, find homes, get jobs, trade goods - anything from teddy bears to an industrial gelato maker. We own over 20 well-loved household brands such as OLX, Otomoto, and Otodom. Our platforms are built to be safe, smart, and convenient for all our customers.
Our Events team is looking for engineers who are craving scalable problems which have high impact! Join us to build out a streaming platform to unlock smarter and more convenient products for our users in a mixed tech stack, running on AWS.
What you will be doing:
- Build scalable platforms used by millions of people while developing and maintaining products with billions of page views per month.
- Collaborate with domain teams across our European offices to overcome technical challenges.
- Perform intelligent sampling and caching, track event consumption patterns and advise teams on schema evolution.
- Take ownership of the development process end-to-end - contributing to product design discussions, writing and reviewing code in PHP, Kotlin and Golang, setting up AWS infrastructure in Terraform and assuring operability and quality.
- Contribute to the engineering community through our guilds.
- Constantly improve your skills and knowledge by attending internal and external workshops and conferences with the opportunity to give back to the community and share some of your experiences.
Who we’re looking for:
You are a humble and curious engineer, who takes pride in your work and in your accomplishments; and at the same time believe that there is always more to learn and experience and thus is never afraid to admit that you don’t know or failed in your most recent endeavour to understand. You are curious with how things work and actively seek to understand and grow with those around you.
- Driven and excited about challenges of a fast-paced, innovative software startup environment.
- Experienced with back-end technologies including development with Java or Kotlin are preferred.
Nice to have
- Good understanding of cloud architecture, ideally AWS. Bonus points for experience with infrastructure as code such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Hands on experience with streaming data technologies like Amazon Kinesis or Apache Kafka.
- Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, check pointing, and load balancing.
- Experience with data modelling and patterns for efficient data governance.
What we’ll give you:
- A diverse team of passionate and talented engineers that work together to take each other to the next level.
- Opportunity to work with a multitude of technologies ranging from a legacy in PHP all the way to a microservices architecture on Kotlin, Golang and React.
- Working with and impacting all OLX websites globally.
- A healthy learning environment that takes your career at heart for both Individual Contributors or Managers.
- Open selection of training e-courses including MyAcademy, Udemy and specialist AWS trainings.
- Remote work.
What you need to know about us:
- Be part of the Prosus universe - the largest consumer internet company in Europe.
- Our mission is to make it super easy for people to buy and sell almost anything
- We combine the spirit and agility of a start-up with the stability that comes from being part of a 100 year-old company.
- We are curious, ambitious and allergic to corporate interference. We improvise, experiment and push each other further, tackling ambiguity and driving change.
If you are as excited as we are about this position and our company, we hope you’ll let us know by applying! If you’d like to learn more about us take a look around our careers page and the OLX Group website.
Follow us on Linkedin. Check our OLX Group Engineering Blog and Twitter Tech