Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open-source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development and then software supply chain management to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And we need you to do that. Join us!
Why this role is so important
Sonatype is a fast-growing software company helping companies manage their open-source software supply chains. As a subscription-based business, our success hinges on our ability to renew and expand existing customer accounts. Fortunately, our customers trust Sonatype and value our solutions. This trust is demonstrated by our 90%+ renewal rate -- one of the highest renewal rates in the software subscription industry. As we grow, we must maintain and even increase this rate.
About the Position
We are looking for a passionate, reliable, and highly competent Renewal Specialist. This position may be appealing if you’re early in your career, are a contracts/accounting specialist looking for a change, or are looking for a path to a customer-facing career.
You will be accountable for proactively working through to on-time completion of renewing software subscriptions. You will monitor contract renewal terms and engage with customers to determine the best approach to retaining and even expanding the Sonatype footprint. And since there can be hiccups along the way, you will need to tap into your seasoned judgment in non-routine renewal situations to ensure customer success while maintaining subscription integrity and profitability.
What You will do
- Work closely with Sales, Customer Success, and Accounting to efficiently close a set of renewals and related expansions
- Review customer renewal information, usage data, and subscription history to ensure mutual agreement on the appropriate renewal options
- Proactively identify future renewals, connecting with the customer well before the expiration date to ensure on-time execution of renewals.
- Educate customers on relevant subscription options based on their current and future product and service goals
- Coordinate the preparation of renewal quotes and ordering documents and ensuring their mutual execution and processing per Sonatype’s policies and procedures
- Help ensure customers are SUCCESSFUL and DELIGHTED with Sonatype products and services, not merely satisfied.
What we are seeking
- Experience in a high-volume activity environment, managing multiple priorities and competing demands while focusing on the primary goal.
- Ability to discuss contract compliance, expansions, and product pricing with customers
- Extreme attention to detail to ensure customers execute contract paperwork accurately and on-time
- Experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM systems.
- Ability to work odd hours and or additional hours supporting global customers during times of critical volumes
- Interest in learning about modern software development and associated technologies
- Strong preference for candidates located in EST or CST
What we are proud of
2022 Frost & Sullivan Technology Innovation Leader Award: Sonatype earned Frost & Sullivan’s 2022 Global Technology Innovation Leadership Award in Development and Operations (DevOps) Security.
NVTC 2022 Cyber Company of the Year: Sonatype was named Commercial Cyber Company of the Year and a Capital Cyber Award-winner by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC)
2022 Annual Peer Award: Sonatype’s Nexus Lifecycle won a PeerSpot Silver Peer Award as a leading Enterprise Technology solution in the Software Composition Analysis category.
2022 Best in Biz Award: Sonatype CEO Wayne Jackson was recognized as a Silver Winner in the Best in Biz Awards' Executive of the Year category.
Tech Ascension Awards: Sonatype was named the Best DevOps Security Solution for Nexus Lifecycle and Nexus Firewall (Software Composition Analysis).
BuiltIn Best Places to Work: Sonatype was named to the Washington DC 100 Best Places to Work list and Washington DC Best Midsize Places to Work list.
- Company Wellness Week - We shut down company operations for a week to enable all employees to spend time pursuing personal growth and enjoying much-needed and deserved rest.
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal-opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.