What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about collaboration, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
OnDeck is scouting for a dynamic Sales Director, for our Renewal Sales group. You will report directly to the Vice President of Customer Management and will be responsible for managing and leading the day to day revenue/sales activities for all locations - NYC, Denver, and Arlington, VA. This sales leader is passionate about developing individuals and teams, coaching, identifying, and removing obstacles, in pursuit of exceeding sales targets, while ensuring high customer satisfaction.
In this role, you will:
- Achieve or exceed monthly renewal targets and provide senior management with an accurate forecast and risk analysis of all assigned accounts under renewal sales management.
- Work closely with sales leadership and people operations to establish a sales force training plan.
- Develop talented and enthusiastic front line managers into great leaders.
- Design sales compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, and align with business and sales organization objectives.
- Coordinate sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes for your team. Actively monitor and aim to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts.
- Find opportunities for sales process improvement. Team up with Renewals Sales leadership to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assist sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitate an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Implement change for sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity. Lead a change management process to build organizational understanding of proposed changes, establish support from key leadership team, and effectively implement new deployment and job models.
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommend revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Build peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
- Provide strong goal-oriented leadership and participate in recruiting, mentoring, discipline and training activities
- This position will require 25% travel.
Qualifications for success:
- You have a minimum of five years of experience managing managers of inside sales teams with a complete understanding of customer satisfaction.
- You have a track record of helping team members develop into next generation leaders.
- Experience working cross-functionally and with sales and marketing leadership, and channel partners.
- Passion for solutions based sales.
- Technology proficient with a love of training others (CRM, Excel, LinkedIn, Sales Automation Tools).
- Ability to track critical sales metrics to get results. Ability to effectively negotiate in both challenging and collaborative sales engagements.
- Ability to excel in a high-energy, monthly-results driven sales culture.
- Proven experience improving organizational processes
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with the confidence to oversee and manage salesforce.com renewal forecast.
- True passion for growing teams and building relationships.
- Strong customer management skills.
What we offer you:
- An open-minded, collaborative workplace, which will both challenge you and celebrate your work.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k matching program, flex spending plan and life insurance.
- Paid/flexible vacations and holidays.
- If you’re sick, just stay home and feel better.
- Summer & Holiday events with the entire office!
- Happy hour every Wednesday.
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks.
OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No recruiters or agencies, please.**