What excites us at OnDeck? Technology. Innovation. Small businesses. We believe in our employees and power their growth through being challenged every day and offering careers that inspire. We’re all about teamwork, passion and making an impact. Oh and having fun – Whether it’s a game of Ping-Pong, team get-togethers or weekly happy hours in the office.
OnDeck (ONDK) uses data aggregation and electronic payment technology to evaluate the financial health of small and medium sized businesses to efficiently deliver capital to a market underserved by banks. Through the OnDeck platform, millions of small businesses can obtain affordable loans. We are changing the way small businesses borrow money by combining our passion for Main Street with cutting-edge technology. We evaluate businesses based on their actual performance, not personal credit, and that’s enabled us to say “yes” more often and faster than traditional lenders.
OnDeck is seeking a Renewals Sales Representative for the Inside Direct Sales Channel. Renewals Sales Representatives develop relationships with Small Business owners who are current OnDeck customers across North America, who are in pursuit of MORE working capital for their businesses. You will have the opportunity to make some serious money without ever having to make “cold calls” and have leads that are provided to you daily. You will become an expert in SMB Lending.
We believe in treating business owners like people not quotas. Here on the direct sales team our work matters, we are providing solutions to our business owners that allow them to focus on running their business. Our team takes great pride in educating our merchants on the best lending options for their business, not ours. A sale is great but a return customer is even better, we are committed to earning business that lasts a lifetime.
As part of the Renewals Sales team, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of existing clients and maintain continued contact with existing customer base
- Close renewal business consistently at or above quota level
- Understand and apply proven concepts of deal structure and strategy that are proven models for successful achievement
- Hit the phones hard and generate Renewal business from current small business customers
- Follow up on leads and maintain an active pipeline daily
- Become an expert in Small Business Lending
- Serve as an enthusiast for OnDeck’s suite of products and financial tools
- Bring your thinking, strategies, and ideas to advance our company’s values, unique culture, and vision for the future
- Maintain timely and accurate records of all interactions with customers and internal departments via proprietary CRM and weekly meetings, providing detailed feedback and recommended next step
Qualifications for success:
- You have at least 1.5 years of inside/telesales experience
- You hold a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- You preferably have industry experience in SMB or Commercial lending
- You have proven success in a consultative, structured Inside Sales environment
- You have a track record of effective sales presentation and sales success as demonstrated by having met or exceed revenue and quota targets
- You are self motivated, driven to work hard in a fast-paced environment
- You are flexible and adaptable to immediate or unforeseen challenges and able to be persist while maintaining strong, customer relationships.
- You have the ability to work effectively and proactively in a cross-functional team environment, including management, credit, operations and related internal staff to move renewal expansion process to successful close.
- You possess highly effective verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- You have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize opportunities to ensure effective and timely follow-up.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You have effective use of customer information, sales resources and databases to maximize productivity.
What we offer you:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life benefits from day one.
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take off the time that you need when you need.
- Up to four months paid parental leave for all new parents. Adoption assistance with reimbursement of up to $5K. We want you to have time to bond with your new bundle of joy.
- Order lunch on us from Seamless. You can order what you want, when you want and from where you want.
- We’ll match your 401(k) contributions and offer a discount through our Employee Stock Purchase Plan. All to complement your personal financial strategy.
- We want to help advance your career. Take classes relevant to your job and the first $5K is on us.
- Enjoy our annual company summer party, holiday party and department quarterly outings.
- Semi-annual Hackathons to give our teams a fun way to innovate together and come up with awesome ideas.
- Our partnership with SoFi gives you access to student loan refinancing, personal loans and even mortgages.
- We work hard, we play hard. Build or join an OnDeck intramural club, group, and/or sports team and be part of our OnDeck Community.
- Fully stocked kitchens with free snacks & drinks.
OnDeck Stats & In the News:
- In 2015, OnDeck & JP Morgan Chase partner to offer small business loans, named the biggest deal in the history of marketplace lending
- Our first $3 billion in loans led to 74,000 jobs and $11 Billion in U.S. economic impact.
- On December 17, 2014 OnDeck rings in the biggest NYC tech IPO since 1999
- OnDeck was New York’s largest VC-backed tech exit ever
Awards we've received:
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014
OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No recruiters or agencies, please.**