A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we’re driven to solve the world's most critical and challenging problems, and believe that building software to enable human decision making is the most effective vector. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more.
We're looking for a Research Analyst to join a cross-functional team at the intersection of business development, capture, marketing, and sales in Palantir's U.S. Government practice.
As a Research Analyst, you are responsible for performing research and analyzing opportunities across the federal space in order to inform our pre-sales strategy. This includes leading in-depth projects on specific government departments/agencies and performing competitive analyses utilizing both primary and secondary sources. It also encompasses generating comprehensive reports to describe findings and qualify opinions that will enable data-driven decision making.
This role is an opportunity to embed deeply in a unique company. Palantir is fast-paced, and you'll be expected to make decisions independently by weighing needs and priorities that may be in conflict. The Research Analyst role and its surrounding organization aren't rigidly defined, so it's important that you can navigate an unstructured environment with savvy.
- Design and implement research frameworks in support of capture efforts across the federal market.
- Lead opportunity assessments, market assessments, and competitive assessments that will inform market growth and business development efforts.
- Perform extensive agency research and identify potential contract opportunities by researching and reviewing various resources for relevant information (government websites, Federal Procurement Data System, FBO, e-Buy, GovWin, and others).
- Collaborate with multiple pre-sales teams in order to develop go-to-market strategies and prototype product configurations based on your research.
- Participate in industry events to gain insight and stay abreast of government market trends.
What We Value
- You have experience performing extensive market research and analysis of public sector opportunities leveraging resources including: the Federal Procurement Data System, USA Spending, Govwin, FBO, and other government or third party resources.
- You can synthesize information for various levels of consumption; you can pull out the most relevant information to provide in a paragraph summary, a one-pager, and a detailed document.
- You're a quick learner. You can pick up technical product concepts and be opinionated about how our technology can be applied to market opportunities you've identified.
- You're low-ego. You find satisfaction in doing a job well, not in being acknowledged publicly for it.
- You're able to travel 10% of the time, primarily to other Palantir offices.
- You have a BA/BS or MA/MS, or equivalent experience (preferred).
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster
and EEO poster supplement
for additional information.