About the role...
As part of Inari’s Science team, you will contribute to the construction and characterization of plant genome editing tools, and execute scientific experiments using molecular techniques. Routine tasks include molecular cloning, protein purification, and execution of molecular assays. We are looking for a self-motivated, curious, collaborative research associate with broad technical experience in molecular biology and biochemistry with the desire to contribute to a world changing mission.
As a Research Associate, you will...
- Perform protein purification in batch and FPLC format
- Perform protein biochemical assays
- Perform protein screening assays and/or directed evolution of proteins
- Start and maintain bacterial cell cultures for protein purification or cloning purposes.
- Perform vector construction and validation including relevant quality controls
- Collaborate with scientists and research associates to execute scientific experiments using molecular techniques including isolation of DNA and RNA, oligo design, Sanger sequencing, PCR related applications, various cloning techniques including Golden Gate, Gibson, restriction enzyme digestion etc.
- Develop, document and deploy standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Explore new technologies and methods to optimize current processes in a fast-paced research environment
- Maintain up to date records and communicate results to stakeholders in written technical reports and oral presentations
- Participate in experimental design and troubleshooting efforts
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years lab experience or Master’s degree with at least 1 year of lab experience in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics) or equivalent lab experience
- Demonstrated experience with molecular biology assays and associated instrumentation in DNA extraction, nucleic acid quantification, PCR amplification
- Experience in molecular cloning including restriction enzyme cloning, Golden Gate, Gibson assembly, PCR-based assembly, etc.
- Experience purifying, handling, and testing recombinantly purified proteins
- Experience in the growth and culturing of bacterial cells for protein purification
- Knowledge or direct experience with CRISPR-Cas systems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity and a passion for learning
- Integrity, approaching tasks with efficiency, organization
- Creative and strategic thinking, willingness to be bold, take risks and learn from failures
- A collaborative mindset, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives, and feedbacks
- Ability to analyze, summarize and communicate scientific data
- Ability to work independently while effectively interacting and collaborating in a team environment
- A strong sense of purpose, and drive to develop unique, high impact solution
- Experience with directed evolution and screening
- Experience with automation or high-throughput protein expression
- Familiarity with Geneious, Benchling, or similar software for plasmid design and construction
- An interest in agriculture science or knowledge of plant molecular biology
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing