Encodia is a rapidly growing platform company that is developing a new generation of protein analysis tools based on single-molecule protein sequencing. Our goal is to make protein sequencing easy and ubiquitous by using a novel reverse-translation technology that turns peptide sequences into DNA. The DNA can be read by a DNA sequencer, providing a path to breakthrough proteomics research at a scale that is not practical or cost-effective using current technologies.
We are seeking to recruit a Research Associate to join our highly-innovative Chemistry team. The successful candidate will have a diverse range of organic chemistry experience applied in a high-throughput discovery environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong foundational knowledge in the fundamentals of organic chemistry and chemical biology, and be highly motivated to apply these tools to innovating Next-Gen tools in proteomics.
● Synthesizing and purifying small molecules.
● Screening reactions for peptide modification.
● Preparing and tracking relevant solid supports and reagents for chemistry development and sample prep.
● Synthesizing, analyzing and purifying oligonucleotide conjugates.
● BS with 2+ years' or MS with 0+ years' experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical setting.
● Experience in organic synthesis and purification.
● Proficient at HPLC purification and LC/MS data analysis of small molecules and/or peptides.
● Experience in biomacromolecule conjugation, analysis and purification
● Experience in postsynthetic modification of oligonucleotides preferred but not required.
● Ability to document and provide clear and concise presentation of experimental results.
● Experience with analytical methods including HPLC, LC/MS, NMR, TLC, gel electrophoresis, fluorescence spectroscopy.
● Excellent organizational skills and ability to conduct lab work with strict attention to safety.
Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental, vision plans, LTD, paid vacation, and a stock plan.
This job has been filled or removed by Encodia, Inc..
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Research Associate - Chemistry Development job post.✕