At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI and robotics and we are seeking a Research Engineer for our research team at our office in Berlin.
- Develop novel optimization algorithms for optimal factory layout generation, taking into account product requirements.
- Read about and understand the current SotA in relevant optimization problems, reproduce published algorithms and approaches.
- Build up an experimental infrastructure: dataset generation, reproducible validation.
- Set up interfaces with other parts of the product via API.
- At least 3 years' experience with optimization problems, both machine learning and classical.
- Experience with commercial and/or open-source solvers (Gurobi, OR-Tools).
- Proficiency in Python/C++ (Java also desirable).
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.