Research Scientist – Tel Aviv
We are expanding our research center of excellent for Agoda in Tel Aviv, Israel and we are looking for top notch talent to join us. This is a very senior role, where you will be working on some of the toughest challenges within the Data Science team.
Agoda is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia, and as a Priceline Group company, we are part of the largest online travel company in the world. We are the perfect combination of a fast dynamic startup atmosphere, with the capital to make things happen.
Working for the largest online travel group, our work has immediate impact, touching millions of people around the globe.
- Apply your expertise in mathematics, quantitative analysis, data mining and machine learning to develop models and algorithms to improve performance of different aspects in online accommodation reservations
- Make decisions on whether specific problems can be solved and how they can be solved based on raw datasets
- Work with the business domains and develop predictive models and algorithms to support business decisions
- Define the roadmap and contribute to the development of solutions for a variety of projects
- Develop data automated systems that convert noisy data sets into significant signals of user behavior and suggest alternative problem solving methods
- Develop best practices for data collection and experimentation, data requirements and communicate those to product engineering teams
- Explore new technologies, innovative instrumentation and data collection to develop unique data sources and utilize them
- PhD. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or related field.
- Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
- Experience with at least one scripting/ modelling language (Python/Scala)
- Knowledge of relational databases and non-relational databases and query languages (SQL)
- Ability to initiate and drive research projects from start to completion with minimal guidance
- Ability to lead projects and mentor more intermediate members of the team.
- Experience with distributed programming: a.k.a: spark.
Please note we can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in Israel and unfortunately are not able to sponsor work permits for this role.