Amyris, Inc. is a world leader in industrial biotechnology, with a proven track record of developing high-performance renewable products.
Amyris Bio Products Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda, a fully owned subsidiary of Amyris Inc., in collaboration with UCP Porto (Universidade Católica Portuguesa - Porto), is opening an international selection tender for one vacancy of a Researcher to perform duties, in an exclusive dedication, to the exercise of scientific research activities, in the scientific area of Biotechnology to the development of Research and Development activities in the valorization of industrial fermentation residues/by-products on the Alchemy project (PT2020/POCI n.º 27578) to be developed in the CBQF - Centre of Biotechnology and Fine Chemistry located at the Faculty of Biotechnology of the Catholic University of Portugal (ESB), at Porto.
Necessary to apply on the website: https://inqueritos.porto.ucp.pt/hr/index.php?r=survey/index&sid=973388
- Skills and experience in the following areas: product design, industrial process engineering and technological scale-up, market analysis, definition of the value proposition for products and services based on scientific and technological knowledge and economic analysis.
- At least 3 years’ experience in:
- -Processing of bio-derived products at laboratorial, pilot and/or industrial scale, with hands-on experience with different separation and purification processes;
- -Proof of concept on product development not only at laboratorial scale (in academic research environment) but also at industrial scale;
- -Carrying out tests at laboratorial and pilot scales, interpreting data, and developing predictive models of process performance at industrial scale.
- Experience in detailed process design calculations and simulations, and in preparation of equipment data sheets, and process flow diagrams.
- Preparation of investment estimates for equipment acquisition and modification, as well as analysis of capital requirements and variable costs of chemical and purification processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft office and software engineering (e.g. SuperPro Designer®, MATLAB®) tools.
- Experience in industry and/or interface institutions (Associated Laboratories, Technological Centers, etc.).
- The candidates present their application in the terms mentioned in the previous point from 14.01.2021 until 30.01.2021 (until 5 pm, Lisbon time).
- Candidates who formalize their application incorrectly or who do not prove the requirements of this competition are excluded from admission to the contest. The jury has the power to require any candidate, in case of doubt, to present documents proving their statements.
- Failure to submit any clarifications, information or documents that are requested within 5 working days means the withdrawal of the application
- The false statements made by the candidates will be punished according to the law.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at [email protected]
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.