Reporting to the Sr. Resource Manager, this position is responsible for the successful scale of our business and maintaining optimal resource utilization.
This job is full-time, based in Los Angeles, and we offer competitive compensation and stock option program.
- Collaborate with project managers/coordinators and operations manager to understand the staffing needs on all active projects, as well as the pipeline of potential upcoming projects
- Understand capabilities and interests of all internal resources
- Assign resources to both pitch and production projects promptly, while taking bandwidth, capabilities and interests into consideration
- Facilitate communication between team leads, project managers and resources to ensure projects are assigned or transitioned effectively
- Solicit feedback on the resourcing process and make adjustments as needed
- Maintain and provide on-going visibility into resource utilization and availability
- Experience as a resource manager or project manager with heavy involvement in resourcing in an agency or production environment
- Knowledge of video pre-production, production and post-production resource requirements
- Knowledge and passion for social and viral advertising
- Strong communication, written and presentation skills required
- Superior organization and multitasking skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with many styles of executives, communicators, program managers and subject matter experts, both at the corporate and business levels
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 1.5B monthly video views.