Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
At Casper, we believe that better sleep makes for better living. We design products and experiences to help you dream your way to a better life!
We are looking for a naturally charismatic leader with exceptional service and sales acumen to be an Area Manager. You will drive the growth of Casper in your respective region. You will develop a customer-centric environment and a results-driven sales culture. You are passionate about people management and recognize that getting the best from your team requires leading by example, active coaching, and investing in their development. You have a practical sensibility when it comes to customer journey and excel in data-driven decision making.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do…
- Set clear goals and expectations and hold people accountable to a high standard of excellence
- Achieve financial targets through monitoring and improvement of measurable statistics that drive results
- Ensure disciplined management of area P/L
- Analyze, interpret, and apply data to identify key trends to maximize results. This includes reporting out information to key business stakeholders
- Drive your area’s business with agility, changing direction and continuously improving
- The Talent Manager is accountable for their area’s leadership development, employee experience, and team engagement
- Model behavior that reflects the company mission, vision, and values
- Manage team performance and growth through recognition, monitoring team engagement, and creating a culture of feedback in a calm objective fact-based manner
- Provide growth and development through ongoing training and development
- Develop a best in class talent pool, proactively recruit for the future, ensure your team is diverse and reflective of the customer.
- The Communicator is the voice of the field and HQ along with the connection point between HQ and field.
- Build engagement within your area and between stores resulting in a sense of community
- Effectively receives and delivers feedback from the field on the customer journey, product wins and opportunities, operational challenges, and overall performance.
- Ensure that all training and development programs are implemented and monitored for success.
- Perform annual performance evaluations for direct reports while overseeing the process for the entire store.
- Maintain a performance culture of ownership, continuous improvement, and goal achievement.
- Maintain safe working conditions and facilities maintenance.
- Build and promote strong collaborative relationships across the fleet and HQ.
Our dream candidate has…
- 5+ years minimum experience as a multi-unit people leader in Retail, sales, customer service, or hospitality industry.
- Exceptional leadership capabilities with a track record of attracting, developing, and motivating top talent, swiftly adapting to change, and leading others through the fast-paced environments
- Financial management experience with success in driving top-line sales, interpreting reporting data, managing payroll budgets, and controlling expenses.
- Deep and demonstrated an understanding of service excellence in a consumer environment.
- Excellent communication skills with a knack for building consensus via influence.
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment – understands the importance of experimentation and iteration.
- Fluency in Salesforce preferred
- Ability to lift at least 50lbs
- Willing to relocate for growth opportunities
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!