Founded in 2014, Grana is an international online fashion start-up with strategic operations based out of Hong Kong; a great place to work and a fantastic place to live. We pride ourselves on being one of Asia’s fastest growing fashion clothing brands on a mission to provide quality modern basics at the best factories, without traditional mark-ups.
Not to brag, but we are growing very quickly and we need a talented person to join our innovative Store team! We’re looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to help redefine retail as the ‘The Fitting Room’s’ Store Manager. What is the Fitting Room you ask? It’s an innovative new concept aimed at improving the convenience of shopping in-store. Get ready to be part of the Grana-lution!
This is an exciting opportunity to run Grana’s unique Fitting Room (TFR) on Hollywood Road. The successful candidate will be a dynamic and inspiring ambassador for the brand. You will lead by example to motivate the team - and ultimately drive sales growth by delivering the brand’s values via the world’s best customer service.
Overseeing all store functions, there will be opportunity to leverage your retail expertise to optimize back of house performance too.
Front of House - Sales through Service; Customer Acquisition and Retention; Allocation and VM
- Doing whatever it takes to make sure that all customers leave with a smile, and a solid understanding of Grana’s values, business model and product quality
- Ensuring that sales and margin targets are always met or exceeded
- Build meaningful relationships with high value customers and build a strategy to make sure that they know that they are valued (for example sneak previews on new lines)
- Partner with or drive the digital and marketing teams to plan and support events and local communication strategies (including but not limited to installations, partnerships, posters, local PR)
- Responsible for the store’s inventory of samples, working with the warehouse to continuously optimise and minimise inventory
- Regularly update visual merchandising and store layout to match key messages
- Ensuring that store standards are befitting of a premium brand (tidiness, maintenance and cleaning, general organisation, uniform and grooming, finger spacing, etc)
Back of House - Team; Numbers
- Creatively using on-boarding, regular training, quarterly reviews and incentives to drive the team towards constant improvement in service and sales
- Payroll, rostering
- Close collaboration with the merchandising, buying, warehouse and customer service teams in head office
- Qualitative reporting on what’s working and what isn’t, and ability to frame this conversation within merchandising and marketing dashboards and reports
- Managing the store’s budgeted expenses, petty cash and till
- Regular stock take
The Successful Candidate
This is an opportunity for a store manager looking to take the next step in their career. The successful candidate will have:
· solid experience front of house in a retail store
· a focus on action; always driving for improvement and results
· strong interpersonal skills to form close relationships with customers, store staff, head office and senior management
· a natural ability to motivate those around them and build effective teams
· a good level of written and spoken English, with other languages being a bonus
· a solid sense of the fun and theatre of the store…
· and a solid sense of the opportunity that Grana represents to revolutionise retail
· the tenacity and flexibility required to thrive in a fast-moving start-up
· the necessary numeracy to talk about the store’s performance with merchandising and buying
· a solid understanding of e-commerce
· a strong affinity to the brand’s aesthetic and values, and a conviction that we can take it global
Grana provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
If you are ready to join a great team and fantastic work atmosphere with unlimited potential, please apply online!