This individual will be a self-starter that is responsible for marketing programs and strategies that drive increased customer retention and sales. They will support the daily execution of marketing emails, direct mail, and promotional content as well as drive subscriber acquisition. They will track key customer and channel metrics — for both buyers and consignors — on an ongoing basis, and share insights and recommendations on strategy optimizations with the team. This person will have the ability to react to changing business needs by modifying plans and adjusting strategies and deliverables effectively and efficiently.
Reports to the Director of Business Intelligence.
Email & Direct Mail
- Oversee and optimize email campaign strategies to drive customer retention and sales, including lifecycle emails, personalized triggers, and daily campaigns.
- Provide regular reporting and analysis on email campaign performance with clear direction to the team on what they can try to do differently to drive increased performance.
- Define and implement the testing agenda for email including segmentation, messaging, frequency, send day/time, personalization, etc.
- Oversee implementation of direct mail campaigns and provide insights on the ROI of Direct Mail strategies.
- Manage and optimize seller communications to increase consignor activation and retention.
Reporting & Lifecycle Management
- Maintain, publish, and optimize regular (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) reports that track channel and customer-level performance.
- Translate reporting insights into recommendations for the marketing team and cross-functional partners on how to drive sales and increase customer performance and LTV.
- Manage promotional codes calendar, including sharing promo codes with our affiliate partners, making sure the team is aware of the promotional strategy and that it is implemented across channels.
- Develop new segmentation and targeting strategies based on customer data and business needs. Develop customer-facing tests to maximize customer engagement and lifetime value.
- Support project scoping to grow available data and assist with data migration between systems, as well as checking for data quality/integrity.
- Monitor competitive landscape to identify industry trends and best practices.
- BA/BS degree required.
- 3-5 years of email, retention, and/or performance marketing experience, preferably in the e-commerce industry.
- Strong analytical skills and proven track record of turning insights into actionable plans.
- Solid understanding of the retail, e-commerce, and email marketing industries and KPIs.
- Ability to react to changing business needs by modifying plans and adjusting deliverables efficiently.
- Strong project management skills managing deadlines, calendars, and data needs.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; ability to react to shifting priorities and manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to build relationships to achieve team goals.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Sailthru a plus.