Dubbed an "open-source unicorn" by Forbes, Confluent is the fastest-growing enterprise subscription company our investors have ever seen. And how are we growing so fast? By pioneering a new technology category with an event streaming platform, which enables companies to leverage their data as a continually updating stream of events, not as static snapshots. This innovation has led Coatue Management, Altimeter Capital and Franklin Templeton to join earlier investors Sequoia Capital, Benchmark, and Index Ventures in the recent Series E financing of a combined $250 million at a $4.5B valuation. Our product has been adopted by Fortune 100 customers across all industries, and we’re being led by the best in the space—our founders were the original creators of Apache Kafka®. We’re looking for talented and amazing team players who want to accelerate our growth, while doing some of the best work of their careers. Join us as we build the next transformative technology platform!
About the Role
Confluent is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Revenue Accountant to join our Corporate Revenue team. In this role, you will be involved in daily revenue operations and improvement for automation. You will also participate in the global revenue process, including assisting with contract review, month-end close procedures, and the preparation of ASC 606 compliance analyses.
The ideal candidate has at least 2+ years of relevant experience at either a high-tech organization or a Big 4 public accounting firm, ideally with experience in a revenue specific role. Experience from a global, growing software company that has on-premise software revenue and SaaS is a plus!
Due to the fast-paced and high growth nature of the Company, the candidate must be detail oriented, have the ability to operate effectively and independently in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment to help drive the Company’s continued growth, and a willingness to roll-up their sleeves when needed.
This position will be based in Mountain View, CA and will report to the Senior Revenue Accounting Manager.
What you'll do
- Review revenue contracts and assess impact on revenue accounting and disclosures
- Participate in revenue and billing systems automation, improvement and optimization
- Become the finance process owner for cloud on-demand and public cloud marketplace revenue streams
- Assist in performing worldwide monthly financial close related tasks such as adjusting revenue arrangements, preparing journal entries, reconciling revenue related accounts, preparing analytics and management reporting
- Work closely with external audit team regarding any quarterly review and annual audit requirements
- Collaborate with the other finance departments and business partners to provide ad hoc research, reporting, and projects as it pertains to revenue
What we're looking for
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent practical experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience CPA candidate or certification a plus
- Working knowledge of US GAAP with a focus on revenue recognition (ASC 985-605, ASC 605, and ASC 606)
- Enterprise software and SaaS industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills (oral and written) and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills with the ability to manipulate and interpret large sets of data
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact.
Click here to review our California Candidate Privacy Notice, which describes how and when Confluent, Inc., and its group companies, collects, uses, and shares certain personal information of California job applicants and prospective employees.