We are seeking enthusiastic Review Operations Specialists for our Peer Review team. Under the supervision of the Review Operations Coordinator, and working closely with other editorial staff, the selected candidate will be given responsibilities and hands-on experience focusing on ensuring a timely review process for all manuscripts submitted to Frontiers, by supporting the external academic editors, doctors and clinicians and monitoring adherence to guidelines and policies.
- Manage journal inboxes, prioritizing tasks, labeling and forwarding emails as needed;
- Respond to all queries related to the review process from editors/reviewers/authors, resolving conflicted situations and delays, and granting extensions;
- Carry out quality control checks including conflicts of interest, rigorous peer review, data deposition, clinical trials;
- Escalate any issues to the Research Integrity team or Journals Development teams as appropriate;
- Liaise with authors, reviewers and editors to improve processes and assure timely, fair and thorough peer review;
- Analysis and proactive recommendations for development of the review platform.
- A positive, professional attitude, the ability to quickly and accurately manage large volumes of information, and to prioritize and react effectively to urgent situations;
- Target and customer oriented with a pro-active and resilient personality;
- Flawless communication in written and spoken English, and professional and courteous telephone manner;
- Must possess at least a BSc degree, preference for a PSE background.