Hermeus is a startup developing hypersonic aircraft to radically accelerate air travel. At Mach 5, more than twice the speed of the supersonic Concorde, passengers will be able to cross the Atlantic in 90 minutes. On the path to hypersonic passenger aircraft, Hermeus is partnering with government agencies including the US Air Force and NASA to develop a series of autonomous aircraft that derisk the technology and solve urgent national security challenges. These products provide the data and confidence necessary to certify, produce, operate, and maintain safe and comfortable commercial aircraft. Hypersonic aircraft have the potential to create trillions of dollars of new global economic growth per year, unlocking significant resources that can be utilized to solve the world’s greatest problems.
Hermeus is looking for an experienced engineer with a strong background in RF communications to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team in the development of Hypersonic aircraft communication systems. You will be engaged in all aspects of RF system and subsystem design and test, with a focus on the communication systems.
About the Role:
- Act as the technical lead of the communications systems which will involve performing communications system design and analysis, testing, debug, data analysis, and overseeing flight hardware design.
- Create and maintain system digital communication link budgets and perform data throughput analyses, availability analyses, and perform trade studies for flight hardware vis-à-vis implications to the comm system.
- Support trade studies; Define and verify payload system requirements and interfaces.
- Support system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis and decomposition
- Support system-level integration and validation
- Perform hardware procurement, design reviews, and hardware integration
- Perform system test preparation, execution, troubleshooting, and verification
- Experience with RF communications analyses.
- Experience with digital/RF communications hardware and lab equipment
- Bachelor of Science (or greater) degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience with (M.SC; 8+B.Sc) RF communication systems
- Understanding of EE fundamentals/RF communications systems from a first principles perspective
- Familiarity with existing communications technology in aerospace and space industries
- Experience developing and validating RF link budget system models
- Knowledge of key parameters for Noise and Linearity for RF Systems and their impact on system performance
- Familiarity with using RF and Electrical Test Equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, power meter, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, VNA, noise sources, etc)
- Familiarity with Command, Control, and Telemetry link design.
- Knowledge of, and experience with MIL-STD waveforms, and MIL-STD testing
- Familiarity with regulatory bodies such as FCC, FAA, and AFTRCC.
We encourage you to apply even if you have skillsets and experience outside of our current needs as we're always open to connect and discuss future opportunities.