The first line Risk & Compliance function executes processes to mitigate risks to Modulr as they relate to Money Laundering/Terrorist Financing, Fraud, Sanctions and other Financial Crime risks (such as Anti-bribery & Corruption). This particular role will is focussed on the onboarding of new clients and the ongoing monitoring of existing ones to ensure we have strong and up to date Customer Due Diligence.
As we’re a small team, this is a hands-on role; you’ll need to be comfortable getting into the detail and be happy to suggest improvements.
Modulr is a fintech scale-up that’s breaking new ground within the business payments sector – which moves $130trn annually. And businesses are no longer tolerating the slow, inefficient and costly infrastructure provided by legacy institutions. Modulr develops cutting-edge API-first services to enable modern business to eliminate historic hidden inefficiencies and build fast-to-market products on top of our award-winning payments platform.
Modulr was one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Startups to work for in the UK (2019) and was more recently recognised as a 2020 UK Best Workplace in May, 2020.
We were awarded £10 million from the BCR Fund to further develop our innovative product
- Four years old, we have offices in London, Edinburgh and Dublin
- We have processed over 25 million transactions with a value of £30 billion of business payments to date
- We are multi-award winning and want to keep creating a world class product
Day to day tasks include:
- Client Risk Assessments
- Customer Due Diligence (including Simplified and Enhanced Due Diligence)
- Performing Partner Audits (Internal and External)
- Stakeholder Engagement (Internal and External)
- Screening for Politically Exposed Persons and Sanctioned Individuals
- You’re passionate about protecting the business, whilst also supporting rapid growth.
- You love rolling up your sleeves and doing whatever’s required to achieve the goals of the compliance team and wider business.
- You’re excited about the prospect of taking ownership of compliance processes, whilst ensuring that they evolve so that the compliance programme continues to be aligned to the business’s growth plans.
- You’re structured and organised, able to handle the competing pressures of immediate compliance tasks and investigations alongside longer term projects.
- You’re comfortable working in an early stage business, where time is critical, and things change frequently.
- You’re analytical and can assess risks and define appropriate controls based on these, communicating the links, effectiveness and any potential gaps clearly to others.
- You have an inquisitive mind and proactive approach to problem solving and issue resolution
- You enjoy self-leading and working independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and sharing your ideas about how we can improve.
- You’ve a strong interest in FinTech and financial crime.
Skills and experience we’re interested in:
- You should have a general understanding of the regulatory landscape Modulr operates in.
- Experience migrating manual processes to automated processes, whilst ensuring the correct risk parameters are applied. Defining these processes, setting out the optimal way to achieve goals and embedding tools and procedures to achieve them.
- Responsibility for undertaking day to day compliance tasks and prioritising these accordingly.
- Developing and maintaining compliance policies & processes.
- Assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of measures, controls and procedures put in place to ensure compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Relevant qualifications and professional certifications.
In addition to a market leading salary we offer the following benefits:
Modulr offer highly competitive salary and benefits packages; our employees enjoy the benefits of flexible working. The office is modern, with lots of natural light and has break out areas. Importantly, our work is challenging and interesting, you will gain valuable experience in a rapidly scaling business at an important phase of growth while contributing to our collaborative culture.
- Flexible benefits
- 34 days holiday
- Training allowance
- Opportunities for career development
- Flexible working