The Uber Advanced Technologies Center is a division of the elite Uber Engineering Team; a high-performance culture marked by fearlessness and hyper-productivity. We focus on the development of key long-term technologies that advance Uber’s mission of bringing safe, reliable transportation to everyone, everywhere. Our research is primarily in the areas of mapping, vehicle safety, and autonomy. Our team is comprised of world-renowned researchers with decades of experience and we’re looking for superstar engineers who can work harder, faster, and smarter without sacrificing technical excellence.
Do you enjoy developing and testing vehicles in the real world? Are you an independent problem solver with a high level of technical curiosity? Are you willing to put in lots of energy to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? UATC is hiring vehicle test engineers who have a keen attention to detail and willingness to dive in and help us create the best AVs operating around the world.
We are looking for AV Test Engineers who are eager to travel for long stints in the US and abroad or those who can be located in major metropolitan areas in the United States after a training period in Pittsburgh, PA.
UATC is seeking Autonomous Vehicle Test Engineers with the following experience:
- Background in vehicle (aero, hydro, ground) testing and development engineering is required
- Eagerness to travel around the world for long stints is ideal.
- Positions are also available in most major metropolitan areas in the US.
- Ability to develop analysis tools and automated reporting systems
- Knowledgeable of modern automotive electronics and diagnostic procedures
- Prior experience programming in C/C++/python
- Skilled in isolating, documenting, and tracking issues systematically
- Highly proficient in communicating with vehicle technicians, software engineers, and executives
- 2+ years relevant work experience or equivalent graduate work
- Permanent US work authorization is required.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
Fast learner. We’re looking for team members who thrive on applying their knowledge, learning new technologies and don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the rapid pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
Fearlessness. You think a working proof-of-concept is the best way to make a point. You strive on proving that speed and quality are not conflicting; that you can achieve both at the same time.
Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of core engineering fields, you understand how all the pieces fit together into integrated systems, and how they impact performance.
Passion. You feel ownership over everything you ship; you'd never call code or design "released" until you’re confident it’s correct. You pride yourself on efficient monitoring, strong documentation, and proper test coverage.
A team player. You believe that you can achieve more on a team — that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
Design and business acumen. You understand requirements beyond the written word and how your technical contributions will influence the viability of future products. Whether you’re working on a software library used by other developers, a sensor to be retrofitted on a test vehicle, or a printed circuit to be mass produced, the other members of the team can depend on the quality of your work to rapidly advance our goals.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone around you is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, paid company holidays and Uber credits.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen and to make it happen in style.