Canvas is bringing automation to the construction industry. Our mission is to leverage technology to empower current trade workers to be dramatically more productive and free from repetitive, physically taxing, and dangerous tasks. Our small but growing team has spent the past two years engineering and developing a brand new type of machine and are now deploying it on commercial job sites. We need a skilled Robotics Engineer Inter who is inspired by all of the challenges that come along with iterating on a game changing tool.
As a Robotics Intern at Canvas Construction, you will have the opportunity to develop and test software and hardware solutions for an exciting new robotic system that is impacting the future of construction. This internship will primarily focus within the areas of control and hardware, but an interest in tasks across the spectrum of robotics is a plus. Tasks will include designing and testing new hardware and software solutions, improving existing systems/processes, collaborating with a multidisciplinary team, and much more. You will be paired with a member of our team who will provide guidance and mentorship throughout your internship.
This role is fast moving and will require learning and growth. Candidates who apply for this role should be passionate and excited about robotics and the potential of robotics in construction.
- Writing code and unit tests and integrating code with other software and hardware components
- Maintaining documentation and contributing to team meetings and discussions
- Passion for solving challenging and impactful problems
- Pursuing a degree in a robotics related engineering program
- Interest in designing, building and debugging robotic systems related to hardware and control systems
- Software fundamentals (iteration, data structure, object oriented programming, bits and bytes)
- Team player with ability to work and collaborate with a multidisciplinary team
- Passion for robotics and enthusiasm to learn and grow as an engineer
Nice to Have
- Demonstrating interest relating to robotics, controls, and/or hardware through school projects and/or personal projects
- Strong linear algebra skills
- C++ and/or Python in a Linux environment
- ROS Experience
- Organized and procedure oriented
- Good communication
- Document work thoroughly