The Ruby Engineer will be responsible for developing new products, as well as, adding new functionality to and maintaining existing applications based off mockups and written specifications. The developer will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle including specification review, design, coding, unit testing, test planning, integration, deployment, and acceptance testing.
About the Job
- Develop new features and maintain several Ruby on Rails applications that serve our desktop and mobile sites
- Develop new functionality and maintain a RESTful API
- Develop RSpec and Capybara tests and ensuring a high-level of coverage and maintainability
- Cooperate with product, QA, and DevOps teams to iterate on our products
- Maintain Capistrano build and automation scripts
- Work with DevOps to keep sites operational and efficient
- BS in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Object-oriented background
- 5+ years experience with full lifecycle software development
- 5+ years experience with HTML/validating XHTML
- 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails
- 5+ years experience with CSS
- Track record of using Red-Green-Refactor development (TDD)
- Working knowledge of PostgresSQL and T-SQL
- Experience with at least one NoSQL variant, preferably Redis
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Superb troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Preference for Agile methodologies and rapid prototyping over detailed specs
We'd be ecstatic if you have any of the following:
- Development for a high-traffic, mission-critical website
- Working knowledge of SEO
- Responsive web and mobile web development
- Experience writing and integrating with web services, SOAP or RESTful
- Hands-on experience with HTML5 and CSS3
At Payoff we’re focused on working with everyone’s best interest in mind. We believe in taking care of our employees, eating great food, having a sense of humor, getting things done, and always putting the customer first (except in this list).
At Payoff we’re always working on making big changes in consumer financial services, and big changes take big efforts. We need team players, innovators, and leaders who will work hard to help us build and grow.
Perks & Benefits
- Employee (and family) medical benefits paid 100% by Payoff!
- Generous vacation policy – rested employees are happy and productive, so go to your kid’s basketball game!
- All the single-origin, micro-batch roasted coffee you can drink (or tea if that’s your thing)
- Smart and FUN work environment