WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
BARK creates products, experiences, and entertainment for dogs and the humans who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids and families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
BARK Eats is a new take on feeding your dog. We are working on making it more fun, tastier and personal without limiting ourselves to only the premium/fresh market. We hand deliver portioned meals, backed by our nutritionist - all for the same price as the pet store. Taking all of the tricks around engagement from the BarkBox tool kit and applying it to this daily activity. We're going city by city, and each city will launch with Growth, Operations, and Concierge leads.
We are looking for an Engineer to help plan, experiment and execute the ideal implementation of this platform as we grow.
Product Focus: Participate in the ideation and planning of features to set the team up for success. We build to deploy.
Technical: Write well-designed, scalable and reliable code as you ship features that make dogs happy and your coworkers too.
Code Quality: Maintain a highly responsive system by ensuring code quality, stability and scalability. You are pragmatic not dogmatic.
Leadership: You are someone who people want to work with. It's not only that you have great ideas, it's that you make other people better too.
- 2+ years of full-stack web-development experience using Ruby on Rails
- Domain knowledge in React, Vuejs or other modern front end frameworks
- Experience working with a relational database
- You have delivered and maintained production software in a team environment
- You are comfortable with diving in to understand and build on an existing codebase
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Previous start up experience highly preferred
- Must love dogs