At TrueLayer, we want the financial system to work for everyone — so we've made it our mission to open up access and put fintech at people's fingertips.
We’re looking for Engineers who love learning new things and working with others to solve complex customer problems. You’ll be at the heart of financial innovation, using industry-disrupting technologies like open banking to revolutionise online payments, and enable financial data to be integrated into any app or website.
Working at a rapidly growing fintech, you’ll encounter new and exciting challenges as we scale our products and infrastructure to meet the demands of our customers, and expand our ecosystem to open up new possibilities. Guided by our Engineering Principles, you’ll collaborate on the design, implementation, delivery and operation of our products — in short: you’ll build it, you’ll run it!
In addition to working with modern development frameworks and cloud technologies, we are committed to helping you develop new skills and advance in your career. Whether you want to continue to grow your technical expertise or move into leadership, we have clear and tangible paths for everyone, irrespective of your level of experience, role or discipline.
- We want to continuously iterate and improve our offering without compromising the stability or long-term maintainability of our systems
- We serve millions of API requests with a 99.5% availability SLA. Our platform must remain a reliable foundation that our customers can build upon as we expand (new products, new geographies, more volume)
- We want TrueLayer to be an exceptional place to work. We want our processes and interactions to stay honest, genuine and human as the company grows
- We want our engineers to grow with us. To have the opportunity, the guidance and the support to develop their technical and core skills to the fullest within the organisation
What we expect from you, as a Software Engineer:
- Aim to reach proficiency as a user of our platforms (AWS, Kubernetes, Prometheus/Grafana, etc) and our tools (.NET and Rust), based on the team tech stack. Training will be available to boost your current knowledge
- Collaborate with Product stakeholders and iterate fast on product development
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Help the rest of the team to deliver in fast and safe iteration cycles promoting design patterns, testing and automation
- Advocate for operational readiness, help the team to maintain dashboards and alerting systems and eventually participate in the incident response process
- Contribute to cross-team technology efforts by joining our engineering guilds
- Align with our values and help make sure TrueLayer remains an exceptional place to work
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, transparent environment in which you can be your true self, learn and grow 🌳
- Attend conferences and training courses using our learning & development allowance (€1200/yr) 📚
- Flexible hours ⌛
- Both remote and office working, with 20% of your time spent in our Milan office 🏡 Note: we're 100% remote during the pandemic
- Choice of Linux or Mac technology 💻
- A one-off contribution of €200 to help you set up your home office 💺
- Flexible holiday policy — minimum 24 days. If you need more, just ask ✈️
- 12 fully-paid wellbeing days a year (on top of your holiday allowance) 🕊️
- Generous parental leave above and beyond statutory requirements (country legal minimum), for either parent 👩👩👦
- Membership of mental wellbeing platform Spill 🧘🏽♀️
- Meal vouchers for every day you’re working, including while remote
- CCNL commercio (contratto collettivo nazionale di lavoro)
€40,000/yr - €55,000/yr + Equity