Sales Development Representative
This position is located at Santa Barbara, CA
ShipHawk is the premier packing and shipping software for ERP connected companies. We work with high volume retail, wholesale and eCommerce companies that have outgrown basic shipping software.
Come join us as we transform one of the last massive old-school industries into a transparent, efficient market, benefiting both retailers and consumers. Join a startup where you can make an impact, grow your career, and have a voice.
5 Reasons Why You Want to Work with Us:
- You want to work with a team that is competent, confident, passionate, and focused on achieving big goals.
- You want to work on a product with the potential to grow into a billion dollar business and help millions of people.
- You want to have a voice.
- You want to be part of a fun and healthy culture.
- You want to work at a company that will provide an opportunity to get to the next level of your career.
What We’re Looking For In You:
We want the usual skill set: efficient, organized and follows through on commitments. You're intelligent, have great analytical skills and pay attention to detail. In addition, you're calm under pressure, have a great work ethic and communicate well.
And, more than the usual skills, we want you to push and not accept the mundane. Push for a higher standard. Be proactive. Be open to new ideas and personal feedback. Try stuff, fail and learn from it. 5% of leaders are 20 times more efficient than 95% of leaders. We want you to be the 5%.
About the Opportunity:
Reports to: VP of Sales
As a Sales Development Representative you will focus on finding new business targets and developing leads by communicating ShipHawk's full suite of shipping and software products to business customers in an assigned vertical. The Sales Development Representative will be working with and qualifying company executives, logistics professionals, and business owners by researching, connecting, understanding their needs, and working with ShipHawk's Account Executives to recommend a solution that helps the customer solve their shipping needs.
- Generate new revenue by prospecting new targets, acquiring new leads and growing pipeline
- Responsible for finding and qualifying leads
- Promote ShipHawk’s corporate image in all business interactions with prospective customers
- Educate business community on ShipHawk's product lines in assigned vertical
- Design effective outreach campaigns
- Use Company approved templates, when available, and respond in a timely manner to Inbound Leads and Prospects. When not available, produce quality outreach content and alerts management for the creation of additional templates.
- Present the benefits of ShipHawk Platform in a professional manner using the available resources
- Enter all new sales prospects utilizing the order management system
- Track sales activity and prospects using the company-provided Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM)
- Practice effective time management for sufficient prospecting activity
- Attend trade shows and networking events when practicable
- Competitive personality
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Any experience in sales (preferably B2B/SaaS/Software sales)/business development is a plus
- Thrives in face paced/high energy environment
- Ability to work independently and meet quota-level goals
- History of consistent success in high-activity environments
- Experienced in getting people to like you
- Phenomenal verbal and writing skills
- Competent office software skills, including Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, and basically anything web based
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Drive to be successful in sales
Perks and Benefits:
- Base and Strong Variable Component. Uncapped upside.
Ownership: The right candidate will have the opportunity to work in a super exciting start-up environment with accelerated vertical growth. You’ll work with a smart group of driven and talented hustlers.
Equity: We’re invested in you just as much as you are invested in us.
Health/Benefits: We offer a suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k for our Full-Time Employees.
The Right Culture: Frequent Team events and friendly competition. Yeah, we love ping pong too.
- Uncapped Vacation with our open paid time off policy, our team members can take the time off that they want so long as their work gets done. They also have the ability to schedule work from home days.
- Strong Work-and-play culture.
- Casual work environment: A t-shirt, jeans, and flip-flops are standard attire for our team.
- Location: Downtown Santa Barbara and minutes away from the Beach, restaurants.
ShipHawk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.