Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with the Kroger Family of Companies in the US to help redefine the grocery customer experience through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
This role, Safety Coordinator, North America, reports to the Vice President, Construction and Installation, North America. This role will oversee third party Safety Coordinators located on project sites. You will be a part of the Implementation team executing projects throughout NA. The Implementation team is responsible for on-site safety, construction, contractor management, and implementation of all components, machines, and Automation Equipment systems for Ocado’s state of art Customer Fulfillment Centers (CFCs).
Your role in the team is to:
- Oversee the execution of the Ocado Safety Program, as well as OSHA Standards on-site through our third Party Safety Management Partner
- Review all Ocado safety documents for completeness and provide feedback for improvement opportunities
- Participate with Global Safety organization in implementing policies applicable for North America
- Complete the review of site audits and workplace inspections
- Support the implementation, monitoring, auditing and review of policies and procedures
- Identify and develop accident, incident reduction initiatives in hand with management and employees
- Support management in the development of risk assessments, and other standards to execute work
- Continually review the effectiveness and accuracy of risk assessments and make recommendations to management
- Track and support management in the closure of all outstanding actions relating to risk assessments, adverse events and audits.
- Track adverse event investigations and associated corrective actions
- Support management in the completion of adverse event investigations and provide support and advice for corrective actions
- Investigate major incidents in partnership with Ocado Global HS&E Manager
- Assist with the updating and completion of the department health and safety action plan
- Analysis of health & safety trends and advising managers to improve performance
- Participate in H&S Committee meetings, ensuring buy-in from all levels
- Present workshops & meetings and be confident when giving advice
- Assist with the successful completion of safety / environmental campaigns.
- Lead the execution of Special Projects in North America at existing CFC’s or as assigned
- Be the key POC for NA Project Teams regarding Safety Best Practices, Incident Follow-ups, etc
- Capture lessons learned from team of specialists and feedback to Global Organization
Lead the development of programs to execute the following:
- Be a key point of escalation for all automation equipment, chargers, and maintenance area related issues.
- Ensure prescribed testing and commissioning is undertaken and that all drawings/test certificates / as-builts are retained
- Keep up to date metrics/progress reports (daily, weekly, and monthly) and contribute to lessons learned, process improvements and knowledge sharing to ensure Ocado/Contractor collaboration
- Participate in RFI processes, design queries, drive solutions and solve Ocado’s design-based and methodology-based problems on-site in a commercial and project benefitting manner
- Audit and test 3rd party Automation equipment
Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in Health and Safety
- OHSA 30 Hour Construction Safety Course
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Experience working in a Matrix Organization.
- Experience working for a Global Organization.
- Ability to navigate common drawing packages (e.g., Autocad/E-plan)
This position will be fully remote with up to 25% travel.
What We Offer
- 401k Plan; 100% match up to 5% of earnings
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- 10 Paid Public Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account; Company Contribution of 50% of Annual Deductible
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn about our partnership with Kroger:
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.