Disqus is looking for a driven sales professional responsible for prospecting, qualifying, and generating new sales opportunities for our advertising business. This individual will work closely with our sales team to increase the number of buyers and facilitate the earliest stages of our sales cycle. This is an entry-level Sales position and ideally suited for someone interested in a career in online advertising sales.
This individual will be a highly motivated, self-starter able to identify and develop new business prospects from inbound marketing leads, prospect list, and individual research. The ideal candidate will demonstrate professionalism, and be highly motivated and success driven while possessing excellent communication and organizational skills.
This role is based out of our San Francisco office.
What you’ll do
- Source and qualify new leads among domestic and international advertisers, brands, and agencies
- Perform initial outreach and communicate the unique value of Disqus' audience and advertising platform
- Identify and leverage growth markets and undersold segments across existing ad network
- Understand company org structures of our prospects to highlight key buying influencers and determine budget and timeline
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel
- Coordinate meetings between client and sales team
- Manage data for new and prospective clients in CRM, ensuring all communications are logged, information is accurate and sales pipeline status is up to date
- Structure and document lead generation best practices
- Prepare and analyze sales pipeline reports and dashboards
- Craft and maintain Advertising FAQ and wiki pages
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications or related fields preferred
- 1 year inside sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity quotas
- Proficiency in word, excel, and powerpoint
- Individual who is highly motivated and driven to success
- Passion for sales and online advertising
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
What you’ll get from us
- The opportunity to make enormous impact on our business. We boast one of the largest user to employee ratios in the biz (hovering around 22 million users per employee!)
- A chance to join a community of people who are passionate about great discussions -- and are building the best place on the web to talk about things that matter.
- A company culture that values learning from one another, exhibiting a generous spirit, and bringing our authentic selves to work. Our collective breadth of experience allows us to make a bigger impact -- we are greater than the sum of our parts.
- Generous total compensation packages for each employee. Some highlights include fully-covered health, dental and vision plans; flexible work hours and unlimited PTO, including up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave; and competitive salary and stock options.
- Perks to keep you at your best, including daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen, weekly in-office yoga and massage, a bountiful equipment and workstation policy, and access to resources to help you learn, from a learning stipend to a well-stocked library.
- Great office location in SoMa, which is easily accessible by BART, MUNI, Caltrain and Transbay buses.
We love the internet, and the colorful characters and interesting conversations that make up its diverse communities. Disqus exists to make better communities and an even better web. Today, our product ecosystem includes our established comment network (over 3 million websites that cover pretty much any topic imaginable), a growing advertising network, and our owned and operated platform. Originally founded in 2007 by CEO Daniel Ha and CTO Jason Yan, we’re changing the way people get into discussions about the things they love -- or are just curious about. Come join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.