Pivotal is a software company that uses its cutting edge development methodology, next-generation cloud platform, and big data analytics to accelerate digital transformation for the world's largest enterprises and most admired brands. At Pivotal, we enable companies to innovate by employing an approach focused on building software.
Our 2,000+ employees across 17 offices worldwide subscribe to an ethos of kindness. We make a point to bring empathy to each and every project, and are guided by a purposeful mission—to transform how the world builds software.
The Sales Compensation Senior Financial Analyst position is a critical role in our sales compensation process at Pivotal. This position will collaborate with Finance, Sales Operations, Human Resources, Field Operations and Sales worldwide.
The Sales Compensation Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for providing support for the payouts for over 500 variable incentive participant plans across Pivotal.
- Assist in preparing, reviewing and validating Callidus system set-ups for calculation of world-wide commissions, including Americas, EMEA, APJ.
- Review reasonableness of commission rates for sales teams in Americas, EMEA and APJ.
- Assist in the monthly commission process for our sales teams. This includes understanding and applying the commission plan consistently, maintaining quotas and rates, and ensuring Callidus commission calculations comply with the Pivotal plan.
- Ensure accurate and on time commissions processing within the monthly close process.
- Assist in developing our world class comp administration and engagement with special projects.
- Assist with commissions issue resolution by responding to questions from sales operations and sales management concerning the sales plan, commission payments and policies.
- Provide support to the corporate sales compensation teams.
- Review payment and claw back processes for sales teams in Americas, EMEA and APJ.
- Assist in preparation of monthly & quarter-end accounting accrual processes.
- Assist in commissions reporting, forecasting, modeling of potential compensation rule changes, and ad hoc analysis.
- Development of continuous process improvements to overall commission administration and tool efficiency.
Experience / Skills Required:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 5 years of solid sales compensation / finance experience, including use of automated incentive comp systems such as OIC, Xactly, Callidus, Varicent, etc.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to administer programs and processes globally.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must be very proficient in Excel and have very strong spreadsheet skills (sumifs, vlookups, array formulas).
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
Experience / Skills Desired:
- Experience with sales compensation processes preferred.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Pivotal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.