DoorDash is looking for a Manager, Sales Compensation & Planning to support the growth of DoorDash’s sales and partner management teams. Our sales and partner management teams are the heart and soul of DoorDash, enabling us to partner with top restaurants across the country to drive revenue and help our partners operate even better. As DoorDash grows both in scale and breadth of offering, the strength of our sales engine and organizational structure must grow with it.
As our Manager, Sales Compensation & Planning, you will combine strategic planning and analysis with operational execution. Responsibilities will range from strategic (designing compensation plans aligned to company objectives and strategy and building consensus among sales leadership) to operational/tactical (setting quota & OKRs, driving plan implementation and ensuring metrics can be tracked and monitored in an audit-able system). You will lend critical analytical and technical support to the successful administration of sales compensation programs globally while proactively building partnerships, fostering open dialogue and providing creative solutions to issues in real time.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly analytical, data-driven, and has exceptional interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with sales leadership, sales strategy, finance, and HR/legal teams to align on and be responsible for the development, implementation and administration of new and existing sales compensation plans.
- Set and track to accurate targets across various Sales Organizations.
- Work cross functionally with product managers and sales leadership to align on accurate forecasts.
- Ensure compensation plans are effectively supporting the various business goals and strategies.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to provide strategic recommendations and solutions on comp plan design, structure and pilots.
- Manage the monthly commission process for the sales team. This could include managing a team and their monthly processes around data compilation, commission/bonus calculations, statement distribution, data integrity, and compliance with policy and plans.
- Maintain accurate and timely tracking for sales attainment across multiple organizations.
- Focus on improving standardization, automation, and scalability initiatives to generate a high-level of accuracy and efficiency in the commissions/bonuses and data-gathering process
- Become the subject matter expert on all sales compensation plans, while also gaining a comprehensive understanding of the sales process and drivers for each business unit we support.
- Oversee completeness, processing and analysis of sales compensation software platform.
Entrepreneurial – You have a bias towards action, an ownership mentality and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve and want to share the vision and direction of the company
Gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 5+ years of experience in sales compensation, quota setting and forecasting, strategy and operations, business development or consulting; direct management experience, high-growth startup or sales ops experience is preferred
- Proven track record of leading cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- Excellent analytical thinker who can deliver actionable recommendations out of complex datasets; advanced SQL experience is a bonus
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.