At Merit, we believe the world would get bigger if you didn’t always have to prove the trusted credentials you’ve earned. Merit has built the interoperable digital credentials ecosystem that bridges data and trust gaps between and among government, companies, organizations, and individuals. This uniquely helps those trusted organizations deliver on the promises they’ve made to individuals struggling to maximize the credentials they’ve earned, and helps create more opportunities for everyone.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to generate product interest and sales either by cold calling or answering requests in a fast paced environment. You will be responsible for influencing existing or potential customers across multiple industries to use Merit’s products and services.
Merit is a startup environment where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves, take initiative, and get creative about finding solutions to challenges. This full-time position location is flexible.
- Directly call potential customer using a given phone directory to promote usage of Merit products
- Answer incoming calls from prospective customers
- Develop, maintain, and use product knowledge to accurately represent and highlight the benefits of Merit offerings
- Research customers, new markets and trends to find new opportunities for Merit Platform
- Communicate and collaborate with Managers on identifying areas of opportunity within assigned geography
- Maintain consistent data tracking and internal communications, across meetings and tools (Hubspot, Asana, Slack), to keep the team updated, aligned, and progressing towards outreach goals
- Learn and understand all company policies, procedures and processes. Ensuring 100% compliance
- Proven experience in telemarketing, sales, service, or other relevant roles
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and relationship-building skills, as demonstrated through previous experience
- Friendly and persuasive with the ability to understand and address customer needs quickly
- Working knowledge of CRM software, project management software, and telephone systems
- Proficient in English
- Persistent and results-oriented
- Patient and even tempered when met with aggressiveness and complaints
- A passion for Merit’s mission
At Merit, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate, support, and value it for the innate benefit of our employees, the competitive advantage of our products, and the strength of the communities we are a part of. Merit is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We will do our best to accommodate any disabilities or special needs you may have.