We're a retail technology company getting people back into physical stores. Our platform drives in-store footfall by connecting the products currently hidden on shop shelves to the millions of local shoppers searching for them. Today Google uses our technology to show live in-store inventory to millions of shoppers nearby, directly in search results, maps, and dozens of other places across Google’s platforms.
Ultimately we believe it should be easier and faster to get something from a real shop nearby than ordering it online, so we’re on a journey to connect every product, in every shop, on every high street to the web. The high street has incredible value that’s currently hidden from the internet on the shelves of local shops, and we see it as our job to unlock it. You can hear our CEO talk about why we’re so optimistic about the future of the high street, and our plans for making NearSt a central part of it, in our Next Web Keynote
We’re looking for a high-energy, driven sales development rep to join our Partnerships team and play an integral role in helping us hit our serious growth goals in 2021. You’ll be working at the very front of the business, from our Shoreditch-based HQ, helping to open up our core markets in retail and retail technology partnerships.
Whether this is your first role, or you’re looking to move into sales from another field, we’re looking for someone who’s keen to learn. This is a period of massive growth for NearSt and you’ll have loads of opportunities to take on responsibility and rapidly develop your career. As a fast growing startup we’re rapidly learning and evolving ourselves, and will look to you to do the same.
If this all sounds like you, get in touch and we’d love to have a chat.
- Researching new markets, and the companies and people within them
- Contacting and qualifying retailers and retail software providers in the UK
- Being an expert on our product and distilling this into a form prospects can understand
- Converting prospects into meetings for sales directors
- Following up promptly on enquiries
- Managing your own sales pipeline, and the CRM tools that go with it
- Tracking and exceeding targets
- Some sales experience - you’ll learn on the job, but some prior will get you off to a flying start
- Strong desire to learn - both for yourself, and to help us develop as a team and company
- Results-oriented - you’re highly driven and regularly set yourself personal goals
- Excellent phone manner - you’re calm and confident, and just at good listening as you are at talking
- Confident selling - you’re totally at ease selling, and are ok with sometimes being rejected (no matter how good you are!)
- Tech savvy - you pick up new tools quickly and are happy finding your way around them
- Proactive - you’re always looking for new opportunities, within your role and beyond it
- Highly organised - staying on top of multiple actions and follow-ups comes naturally to you
- Adaptable - you’re excited about working in a startup, wearing different hats and getting stuck-in when needed
- Impact driven - you’re motivated to make a real difference in the world
We're a fast-growing tight-knit team who all share a common vision that what we’re building will define the future of how everyone shops. As a team we:
- Believe organisational health and culture are at the centre of a successful business and care passionately about maintaining this at NearSt
- Are based in the heart of Tech City, minutes from Old Street roundabout
- Have a learning & development budget to keep us on the cutting edge
- Have an entrepreneurial can-do mindset
- Want to make a real difference in the world
Why we think you’ll like it at NearSt
- Stock Options: Own a stake in the business and your own success
- Healthy: Stay at your best with a monthly Wellness budget to spend as you please
- Grow: An annual budget for you to upskill, however you choose
- Purpose: Play a key role in building a bright future for our high streets
We think a great workplace is filled with all the diversity the world has to offer. This means we make no judgment about the things that make you, you - whether that be gender, religion, sexuality, race, or a secret love for 80s action films. If you’re excited by our mission, we’re excited to meet you!