As a Sales Development Representative, you have the chance to be an early member of a growing sales team at an incredible company that is changing the way people build software.
We’re looking for candidates with excellent communication skills and a desire to find new clients and opportunities. An understanding of technology products (web & mobile technologies) is a definite plus but not a requirement. As a trusted expert, you will consult potential customers to understand their needs and what kind of custom software they want to build as well as managing the relationship from introduction to handoff.
We’re looking for exceptionally talented and motivated individuals to help us build the world’s best software at scale for thousands of clients. You'll be teaming up with scientists, engineers, product managers, and salespeople from a diverse set of backgrounds who are challenging every assumption about software development. The founders have built apps used by 300M users, ported video games to FPGA’s, and designed silicon lasers. You must live in the Bay Area or be willing to relocate - we'll cover moving costs. All candidates subject to background check.
We’ve built software for flying cars and robotic restaurants, shopping and travel recommendation apps, delivered lawyers, doctors, and baked goods on-demand, designed social networks for families and roommates, and powered everything from shipping fleets to EEG research and genetic testing. Join us as we reinvent software development.
• Achieve or exceed monthly quotas of Qualified Opportunities and Closed Business
• Conduct high level conversations with Senior Executives in Target and Prospect Accounts
• Create, prioritize, and qualify strategic target account lists within a defined territory
• Work closely with Enterprise Sales Reps to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities for new business
• Provide a delightful customer experience to inbound prospective clients
• Use Gigster’s tools to provide clients a quote for their -custom software products
• Make calls to interested clients in order to understand their business needs and ascertain whether Gigster is a good fit for building their project
• Produce an outbound strategy to find and qualify new leads through local networks (local Meetups, setting up meetings with local development bootcamps, speaking to entrepreneurs, etc.)
• 1+ Year Sales (Tech or Services) experience desired
• Entrepreneurial - Experience with software development or startups is a plus
• Intellectual curiosity - you love to ask questions and are genuinely interested in learning what a client’s needs are.
• Hardworking - scratch that, the HARDEST working.
• Competitive - you like winning but like winning as a team more
• Articulate - you have strong interpersonal skills and can communicate effectively.
• Organized - you use and create systems to stay on top of your responsibilities.
• Passionate - you are excited about technology, software, and how it helps businesses succeed.
• Empathetic - you genuinely care about people you talk to and want to find ways to help them.
• Product minded - you have an understanding of product development and an intuition for what makes a great product.
Gigster puts a world-class software development team in your pocket. Software is becoming an essential tool for every business with global IT spend reaching $2.3T, yet very few have easy access to quality, managed talent when they need custom software. Businesses built on software have thousands of times more leverage than businesses not built on software.
We are changing the way software is built through a symbiosis of man and machine. We believe that by being the best place to freelance we will attract and retain the best talent, and in turn will provide the best service. Gigster prides itself in having an extraordinary network of developers, designers, and project managers. Intelligent tools powered by data from thousands of past projects take our network to superhuman levels of efficiency. The increasing levels of standardization in tooling, and access to data about the software development process itself, make the creation of software ripe for automation and scale. This inspired us to found Gigster.
Gigster was founded in 2014. We’ve worked with startups & enterprises like IBM, World Bank, Airbus, Square, and Mastercard. Gigster has raised $32.5M from Andreessen-Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Greylock Partners, Bloomberg Beta and Felicis Ventures, and been covered in The Wall Street Journal, Business Insider, Fortune, and Inc.
Here at Gigster we believe in the following:
• Continuously improve with data
• Relationships > transactions
• Deliver a wow experience
• Impact > hours
• Do it today
• Build more than you talk
• The best idea wins
• Be direct but nice
• Win through teamwork
BENEFITS & PERKS
• Full health, dental, and vision - we’ve got you covered
• Whatever equipment you need - you need the best stuff to build the best stuff
• Unlimited vacation - work hard but take time when you need it
• Team offsites - we’ve been to Tokyo, NYC, Disney World, and more
• Healthy snacks - raid the snack bar, you know you want to
• Catered meals at work - stay in & stay healthy
• Weekly game night - poker and speed chess are our favorites
• Sharp, motivated co-workers - work with the best in your field and others
• Life-changing work - solve real, hard problems you’ll want to brag about
At Gigster we believe that a diverse workplace means a better, more resilient, and more innovative company. We are excited to work with anyone who shares our values regardless of race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, familial pedigree, education, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status.