Kentik is the network observability company. Our platform is a must-have for the network front line, whether digital business, corporate IT, or service provider. Network professionals turn to the Kentik Network Observability Cloud to plan, run, and fix any network, relying on our infinite granularity, AI-driven insights, and insanely fast search. Kentik makes sense of network, cloud, host, and container flow, Internet routing, performance tests, and network metrics. We show network pros what they need to know about their network performance, health, and security to make their business-critical services shine. Networks power the world’s most valuable companies, and those companies trust Kentik. Market leaders like IBM, Cisco, Box, and Zoom rely on Kentik for network observability. Visit us at kentik.com
and follow us at @kentikinc.
About the role:
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) is the crucial first touchpoint into prospective customers. SDR’s at Kentik drive targeting and outreach to prospective customers in partnership with the field sales team. Once trained, this role provides an opportunity for creative thinking and approach to meet the business objectives laid out by leadership. SDR’s will enjoy working with and learning from the mentoring of great sellers, strong leadership, and an environment of support, learning, and career advancement.
You have multiple options as an SDR in terms of your future career path, including joining the Sales ranks, Customer Success, Marketing and other departments within Kentik, as well as potentially stepping into management
- Schedule meetings with the Sales team for new opportunities
- Generate interest and create opportunities with new prospects through outbound cold calls and emails
- Decide which accounts to target and whom to reach out to
- Meet your monthly and quarterly targets
- Perform the research on targeted accounts
- Meet your daily and weekly activity goals
- Qualify prospective customers and understand an organization’s business
- Drive interest in and schedule meetings at industry events throughout the calendar year
- Create strategic activities leading up to industry events to allow entire sales team to efficiently execute during event meetings
- Background of Sales, Sales Development, Business Development, or Lead Generation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Willingness to travel as needed
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Dental, and Vision that is 100% covered for employees & dependents
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Wellness Benefits
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Stock Options
- Flexible time off
- Vanguard 401(k)
Why work at Kentik?
We offer a competitive salary, first-rate benefits and the chance to work at a fast-growing, well-funded startup that builds something special: the industry's most powerful observability platform for the network professional. You will have the opportunity to work alongside world-class engineers, network experts, and technology thought leaders to build the future of digital operations.