GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
Our Sales team helps drive the overall growth of our revenue. They are dedicated to developing relationships with brands and agencies to deeply understand the goals and challenges of these organizations. Our sellers are experts at understanding how GumGum's advertising solutions can enable advertisers to better engage with their consumers.
The Sales Director is an individual seller responsible for prospecting and closing sales in GumGum’s Market Leading Advertising platform. Reporting to the VP, West Coast Sales, this role is responsible for leading and developing key relationships in the allocated region to drive real value for our clients through GumGum products, specifically this role will have a core focus in the technology and telecommunications vertical.
Sales Directors have a deep knowledge of the online media landscape, the advertising community and have 5 years of proven media sales experience. The Sales Director is a self motivated leader who can work with internal teams and are committed to achieving and exceeding sales goals while growing GumGum’s products in their allocated region.
Drive Revenue for West Coast - Responsible for a book of business and driving revenue and new business in our West Coast region of at least 5M+ annually. This role is responsible for partnering with significant West Coast Agencies to grow business across a variety of accounts with a focus on growing the tech & telecom vertical
Drive Sales from Marketing Channels - Identify and qualify opportunities from marketing driven leads
Sales Prospecting and Hunting - Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including cold calling, presentations, RFP’s, and out of the box sales solutions
Upsell current clients in current and new products - Provide market insight into the in-image and in-video display vertical and generate sales specifically from key brands and agencies. Support the roll out of Verity in 2020 and provide market insights from clients
Relationship Development - Cultivate relationships with brands, agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide GumGum solutions for their marketing and advertising goals.
Translate Client Insight to internal Product Team - Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
Internal Collaboration - Work with Account Manager and other internal teams to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations.
Strategic Sales - Support of Sales Director in developing, managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in Media or Marketing/Advertising field
- Ideally 5 years of selling experience in digital advertising sales (has to be sales in our specific industry whether publisher or tech sales)
- Experience managing a large book of business (4M+)
- Must have strong selling experience and track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets demonstrated with a list of brand and agency contacts in addition to other assignments in the region
- Programmatic experience a plus
- Proficient in SalesForce (is comfortable logging meetings, calls, pulling reports, etc.)
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills a must
- Fundamental understanding of business drivers (P/L, Operating Statement, COGS, Revenue, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
Stride - our company council committee to share learnings, give updates and provide feedback to the company regarding initiatives and discussions around diversity, inclusion and equity.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum