As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. (NYSE:EGHT) is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.
Location: Los Angeles / Orange County
8x8 Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the inside sales and field sales force. The Sales Engineer (SE) is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The SE must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships with prospect and sales rep throughout the sales cycle.
- Developing formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities.
- Transfer industry, technical, and product knowledge to customers.
- Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products, and services.
- Provide technical and sales support for accounts.
- Perform advanced technical presentations for customers, and prospects remotely and in-person.
- Develop advanced system configurations and implementations in response to customer needs and requirements.
- Develop and maintain an expert understanding of all 8x8 applications and products.
- Representation at conferences, industry, and sales events when requested by the department manager.
- Provide direct support for the functional and technical fulfillment of RFI's, RFQ's and RFP's in their sales territory.
- Responsible for continued education on the platform and underlying technologies.
- Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams.
- Able to travel throughout sales territory both by air and by car.
- 3 to 5 years sales engineering experience in Unified Communications.
- 3+ years proficiency in selling hosted contact center applications.
- High availability telephony and contact center architectures platform and application design.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to the account team.
- Ability to work effectively on a remote basis.
- Requires an action-oriented individual with a very strong initiative to be successful.
- Willingness to take ownership of accounts and account related actions.
- Must be able to coordinate across various groups and functional teams.
- Ability to complete job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate ability to implement, drive and track projects.
- Ability to apply solutions, technology, and products to a business opportunity.
- Willingness to travel throughout the sales region.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with a focus on needs analysis, positioning, business justification, and closing techniques.
- Superior presentation skills.
8x8 is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We also provide reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. Learn more
or email us at [email protected] (Include “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line)
For European Job Applicants our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be found here.