Imagine working with world’s most recognized companies and their technology, advising them on how to build the world’s next and best applications. As the first Sales Engineer in our new Australian office, you will be a key technical advisor for our award-winning products enabling our industry leading customer base to meet their technical goals and challenges.
SmartBear has played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, or that flight you just purchased. Our software is downloaded every 6 seconds (5.25 million downloads a year) and we have over 20,000 customers (Google, Apple, Microsoft, Uber, GE and SalesForce to name a few) in 194 countries. We have real products, real customers and great compensation.
Benefits of this Sales Engineer Position
- Be the first SE in our new Australia office allowing you great flexibility to help shape the future growth of our APAC team.
- Advocate proven technology that produces measurable customer results and is continually being expanded with innovative, new products.
- Work in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment as a trusted advisor for our internal sales, marketing, and product teams.
- No quotas or cold calling, support technical sales assignments while receiving strong compensation incentives for your valuable technical insights and contributions.
- Provided tools and training to elevate your performance and be an industry and product specialist.
- Exposure to innovative software through webinars, tradeshows, product releases and more as a SmartBear technology thought leader.
- Provide technical support to the Sales process, qualify prospective customer requirements, and deliver strategically developed product demonstrations that match customer needs
- Respond and troubleshoot product questions from prospective and current customers to display SmartBear’s technical value ensuring successful customer experiences
- Collaborate with Marketing to provide insight for the creation and publication of technical content, webinars, and events
- Participate in industry events and customer sales meetings representing SmartBear as a technical thought leader
- Solicit and provide feedback from prospective and current customers to facilitate new features and functionality in our current technology
- Stay apprised of current SmartBear and industry technology to contribute to training team members on the differentiating value of our solution
- Technical degree or related field
- 2+ years of experience presenting and/or teaching technical concepts
- Worked directly with customers or internal clients to resolve technical problems
- Experience in software development, quality automation, performance monitoring, or other software quality related fields
- Ability to travel (10-20% travel)
- Authorized to work in the Australia
SmartBear is a Destination Employer
- Invest In Our Employees – We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice, including weekly lunch and learn product trainings, career development seminars, sponsoring Toastmasters and Women In Technology International memberships.
- Open and Collaborative Environment – We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun, and successful environment.
- Award Winning Technology – SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including “Top Innovator and Leader in Software Development”.
- Invested Leadership Team – Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and the company, and is focused on supporting the sales organization.
- Great Perks – We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, and ample vacation.
- Community Service and Philanthropy – SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
SmartBear is a testing and monitoring software company that helps companies improve software quality. SmartBear is a combination of a start-up, high growth environment and an established, financially strong company with 300+ employees across 6 global locations. We provide leading companies with the technology to build some of the greatest applications, websites, electronic shopping carts, SaaS, and cloud-based software solutions throughout every step of the development cycle, from coding, to testing, to launch, to monitoring performance. We’ve played a role in the Uber you ordered, the banking app you use, the item you posted for auction, the flight you just purchased, and more. We have real products, real customers, and great compensation.