Accomplish sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating field sales action plans. Meets financial objectives maximizing profitability for the company by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual performance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances.
- Provide professional, organized, effective, sales leadership to janitor Service Contract City Wide Sales People.
- Responsible for holding the Sales Executives, Sales Associates, and Business Development Specialists accountable to all City Wide policies including the behaviors required to achieve the results needed to accomplish the comp goals.
- Responsible for meeting your own personal sales objectives as defined in your Excel compensation plan. Additional Responsibilities Manage our Contact Relationship Management System (CRM).
- Provide new employee training and orientation as well as ongoing coaching and goal setting for all Sales Executives. Responsible for overseeing and updating training programs, job descriptions, and policy changes.
- Oversee basic policies such as Automated Task List from new accounts and lost proposals.
- Remove all barriers and de-motivators from your team’s work environment.
- Ensure that all salespeople adhere to the credit procedures for new accounts.
- Approve all bids with your sales team and be personally responsible for training and verifying that bids are filled out properly and completely including once an account is won or lost.
- Responsible for constant recruiting. Have qualified candidates in a people bank at all times. This allows you to retain the best Sales Executives at all times. Call businesses that are for sale, their best Sales People might be willing to jump ship. Develop relationships with Sandler Coaches, Dale Carnegie, etc. to locate hungry, talented sales leaders.
- Responsible for the annual budgeting process and accountable for the numbers submitted to the holding company. Unknowns can happen during the course of the year that might create a reason to “re-forecast” your numbers, which is much more preferable than being “surprised” at year-end. Shareholders can make adjustments as needed; just communicate accordingly so the surprise factor is eliminated.
- Supervise and train the Business Development Specialist position, including training manual script writing, sales coaching, call selection, reporting, and tracking.
- Do written field evaluations, sales quarterly evaluations, and annual reviews on each of your direct reports. Responsible for the annual review process and to continually make sure it is effectively measuring what our offices need to evaluate and communicate with the sales staff.
- Assist in annual renewals on larger accounts when building is up for review and/or out to bid. Primary responsibility for helping operations with any additional areas to be added to the contract so that we do not involve the Sales Executive. Read all trade magazines, business journals, etc., incorporate the best ideas from others, and grow our organization. Pass out/trade leads to appropriate Sales Executive.
- Assist President with speeches as needed. Position Requirements Success Traits
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Training - Ability to develop a particular skill in others to bring them up to a predetermined standard of work performance.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Time Management – Utilize available email and technology whenever possible so you don’t waste time physically looking for someone to answer your question. Don’t spend hours trying to figure it out yourself if someone can help. Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks.
- Organization – Have everything labeled and in its place. Professional Demeanor – Present a warm and friendly personality and a helpful, positive attitude with clients, other employees, and applicants both in person and on the telephone.
- Aptitude – Must have the aptitude to grasp the concept of the projects you are working on. Additionally, you must be able to see the “big picture” and prioritize your work accordingly. Ask why we do things so that you can improve the system.
- Conflict Resolution - Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years B2B sales management experience
- Some Travel Required
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher
- CRM experience or equivalent
- Guaranteed Base Salary & Car Allowance
- Generous Commission plan.
- Retirement plan with company match
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance